009 | You won't be disappointed in me

"I always think that the opening moments of a party are the hardest. Before everyone has had enough to drink." – Stephanie Clifford

" – Stephanie Clifford

༺♥༻

KIM

I walked to his office and knocked on his door a few times,no answer.I opened the door and he was standing there with the same woman as before.

"You again?"

Me again?I am offended.Who is that woman anyway?It's none of my business.She certainly does not work here.

"Yeah sorry I'll go." I said and turned around to leave.I waited for him to say "wait" or "don't go" but nothing.Now it's even more embarrassing.I walked down to the cafeteria to buy water for me and coffee for Jackson.After today I don't want to go back to his office.

"Were you invited?"Jackson asked as I entered our office. "Invited?" I asked confused.I genuinely have no idea what he was talking about.

"They're having a little gathering." He said. "For what?" I asked.I didn't know they do this kind of stuff here.I can only imagine how these people have fun,these businessmen and women.. are they standing in the corner and talk to each other while September by  Earth Wind & Fire is playing in the background?Okay that was rude.

"They only organize this once a year.I mean that's what I heard." He said.Okay but if it's a gathering thing for everyone who works here why wouldn't I be invited?Just because I'm a newbie doesn't mean I can't attend these things,right?

"Oh okay and yeah I guess I'm invited." I said and started doing what I was told to do.I also got a little info about the meeting and once I get back to my place I'll start working on it.I don't want to postpone it.

...

If it's a gathering I should wear something pretty,maybe to catch Mr.Collins's attention,but nothing too revealing though.I know there are a lot of elders working here too and I don't want to be inappropriate.

Sadie is not coming and I am only "friends" with Jackson.I hardly talk to anyone here and from my point of view they are not interested in me either,why would they be?

It took me almost 2 hours to find the perfect dress,something that is not inappropriate and doesn't show much skin.

So I chose a pretty black dress that has a cutout on the leg.I put it on my bed neatly and went to the bathroom to take a bath.I washed my hair and did my makeup.

I know it's not a high school party that's why I'm not doing my makeup too glowy,just something casual.I let my hair dry naturally so it will become wavy.I hopped in my chair and went to Instagram.I quickly got bored of it and as I was about to close my laptop when I got a notification.A messenger notification?