𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

lol, I realize I put Evan Samberg in the disclaimer- I meant Ethan Samberg- also I'm bi so y/n kinda brings that up but it's not super important 🤘

"So now that you understand the difference between a stressor and a trigger, let's put it into action, take Ted Bundy for example. What was his stressor?" Spencer leans against his desk watching as hands shoot up around the room, he glances at you asking you to choose a participant. You scan the room, pointing at a shy-looking boy in the back with short hair and shadow-ridden eyes "Ethan please stand," Spencer says gesturing at the boy. He extends from his chair nervously shoving his hands in his pockets.

"His stressor would be the-Uhm I think it would be his break up with his long-term girlfriend, that would drop a match on his gasoline coated hatred for women," he quickly sits back down and Spencer nods, easily impressed by his euphemisms.

"Mr.Samberg is correct, now there is no definitive trigger for his actions considering his life was ridden with them," he turns to you, his eyes lingering on you for a moment "well I think that concludes today's lesson, now I know most of you are- uhm, auditing-" he flashes a look at the girls in the front row giggling "but for those who aren't I would recommend studying this, it will be on the final exam." You walk over to Spencer from your spot on the far side of the elevated platform.

"Your first week down," he says awkwardly waving to a cluster of girls spewing goodbyes "how do you feel?" You let out a light-hearted sigh. It's been everything you wanted it to be and more, you had your doubts at first but you've learned so much from Spencer even just over the course of a week.

"It's been fantastic, and that Ethan guy, he's been so attentive in class." Spencer smiles, handing you your bag. You watch the way his pale pink button-up sticks to his arms, the way the fabric moves across his chest, and the way the top two buttons are left undone. You catch yourself staring and immediately move to avert your gaze up to his face, he's staring down at you, his cheeks glowing pink.

"You like my... shirt?" He says clutching his satchel. You open your mouth to speak but no words come out. He laughs a little "it's a polyester-cotton blend."

"Oh," you manage to say "good to know."

You feel your cheeks burn as he chuckles "don't worry, Y/N, do you see what I have to put up with every class?" He glances at the empty seats where the flirty girls always sit.

"I guess you just have that effect on people," you mumble, pulling your jacket on. He shrugs as you two walk across the courtyard which is becoming more fall-like with every passing day. "Don't know if you noticed but that Ethan kid is into you, Star." Your eyes widen and you turn to face Spencer "oh please, the way he blushed at you, his pupils dilated and the veins in his arms pulsed, showing an increase in blood flow."

"Spencer he's like 22." You say forcing yourself to keep walking "24 actually," Spencer corrects you. "Did you memorize all your student's files?" You ask, leaning in closer to him as a gust of wind rustles the withering plants around you.

"Yes." He replies simply, stepping in so your arms are barely touching "it seems to have impressed those fanatic girls," he grumbles "should I just tell them I've dated men before? Maybe that would shut them up."

"Have you?" You try not to press but you're quite surprised at this revelation. He nods and before utter embarrassment strikes you he nudges your arm "don't worry I like women too." You sigh, seemingly relieved that you don't have a childish crush on a gay man.

"That's cool," you breathe. You have no problem with it, in fact, you have a sneaking suspicion that your perpetually single little brother might be dating his best friend, Morgan. You have always had a thought that you might like women too, but you've never really tested it out and for now, Spencer seems to be the only one making you forget your own name.