𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫

Before you know it it's monday and you're forcing yourself out of bed and into the shower. You quickly lather some shampoo and conditioner through your hair before hopping out and blow drying your hair. You pull on a black v-neck sweater that boosts your cleavage just a little bit tucked into grey dress pants paired with black high tops.

You apply some minimal make up and grab your bag off the kitchen table, turning on the Keurig and making yourself a large to-go mug of coffee with you finished before you even arrived on campus.

You were early as usual, taking your time getting to the classroom. You wakes in silently, pausing for a moment in to doorway admiring Spencer, leaning against his desk speedily flipping through a worn through book. "Morning Y/N," he says without looking up.

"Good morning Spence," you say softly. You walk up to his desk setting your bag on the floor "whatcha reading?" You lean over his shoulder to your surprise the book he's reading isn't in english "is that.. Russian?" He nods "what the hell are you reading in Russian?"

"The original text of War and Peace." He mutters, his eyes glued to the page. You try to follow along but he turns the pages too fast for you to pick up anything.

"That's a cool way to flex your genius." You watch as the corners of his lips turn up, his eyes still staying on the book "can you read it out loud?" He shakes his head.

"That will ruin the genius illusion." He abruptly shuts the book "besides, you would tease me." You roll your eyes.

"When have I ever teased you before?"

"When I wore a bright pink tie on Thursday, when one of my socks was on inside out, when I pronounced 'inconspicuous' wrong, and when I misspelled your name in a text," he looks up at you as he places his book inside his satchel.

"Fair enough," you smirk "your eidetic memory is such a pain." You watch as his face falls, his eyes lowering down "no no- Spencer I was kidding I love your memory, I love your brain." You smile weakly as he grins softly.

"Love?" He asks, your cheeks turn a vicious shade of red as he flashes you a lopsided smile.

"Yes. I love your beautiful brain." All your past flirting had been in a joking manner but this- this was real- you mean every word you say. He turns to face you, stepping forward and closing the gap between you. His hands cup your cheeks, tilting your head up slightly to meet his eyes, you place your hands on his, not moving them just... holding them. For a moment you stand there in the silence, your eyes speaking all the words you can't say out loud but he suddenly drops his hands, you spin around and see the students beginning to enter the room.

"Good morning!" Spencer cheers, walking to the whiteboard. He glances at your for a brief second as he drabs a marker off his desk and for the first time, Monday feels good.

"You free for lunch?" You ask as the last of the students file out of the room. Spencer glances up at you, smiling.

"I was actually planning on making myself lunch," you open your mouth to speak but Spencer continues "you're welcome to join me." Your apologetic frown turns into a wide eyed grin at Spencers words. You nod, collecting your stuff "you'd get to see my place, I think you'll like it."

"Let me guess, dark wood, dark and neutral colors and windows?" He nods, impressed as you leave the room. He walks close to you, closer than he has before, his hands brushing against yours with each stride . So much for no hand contact you think as you push through the doors into the cold courtyard.

"I didn't drive so unless you also decided to walk we're taking your car." You nod, leaning into him, he doesn't move away this time.

The drive to Spencers apartment is quick and once inside it looks just like you imagined, rich color and dark wood furniture surrounds you along with bookshelves already overflowing with books despite the fact he moved here a month ago. There is a kitchen to the left of the door and a small hallway leads into the dining/living room area, two doors on the far back wall lead to what you assume is a bedroom and a bathroom. "This place is nice," you proclaim as he takes your bag and coat from you, setting them on the hallway table.