𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞-𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐭𝐰𝐨

spencer's pov.

I watch her walk away from me. Her legs stumbling on the concrete, it's strange, I've never seen her like this. Y/N walks to her car and I can see her arms wrapped around herself as if she's self soothing, I keep my eyes on her until she's safely in her car which she seems to sit in for an extended period of time. The distance between us is too great for me to see what she's doing but I have a gnawing feeling that she's crying by the way her figure is hunched over in the drivers seat. As I turn to walk back to my classroom I see George Manning hovering in the doorway, what was Y/N even doing with that dick head anyways, she's always talking about how much she hates him.

"She finally got a taste of the man she deserves, Dr.Reid, I think I've really put things in perspective for her. Don't be surprised if she ends this little romance between you too." I stop for a moment, what the fuck is he talking about. Then, in the most painful way it dawns on me, my witless brain finally connects the pieces. Her body language, the way she was so stiff under my arm, the glossy eyes, the inability to speak, the self isolation. I'd seen it before, perhaps a hundred times, I'll never erase the faces of the women I've had to help recount their terrible encounters with unsubs. How a man could do something so horrible to woman, or how any person could do anything so vile, so gross, to another and then flaunt it around as if they've done something. Accomplished something.

"What did you do to Y/N?" I say, I can feel the ferocity in my voice. I'm taller than him, though not by much, younger than him, probably more fit even though I'm the farthest thing from athletic. I would kill this man with my bare hands if I could. He smiles and leans against the wall, resting his hands in his pockets.

"Nothing she didn't want me to do, she likes me, you see." I feel my stomach churn, she doesn't, she never has, she never will. I try to remain as calm as possible but the smug expression on his face makes want to hurt him, I can feel the part of me I've been trying to fight down since I got out of prison start to bubble back up. I've worked hard to go back to how I used to be but honestly, in moments like these, I'm glad I'm not as much of a scared little boy anymore.

"You're full of-" I chew the inside of my cheek, he's not going to tell me, I don't even think he knows what he did. From the way he walks comfortably into his office, waving at me before closing the door, I can tell he thinks he's in the right, that he 'put things in perspective.' I know what the son of a bitch did, and it's killing me that I won't be able to forget. I won't be able to shake the image of Y/N like that and I can't prove anything until one of them talks. I rush into my room, grabbing my coat and satchel and run out across the courtyard, Y/N is gone by the time I arrive at the parking lot. I know I need to be with her but I don't want to barge in, make her feel attacked or overwhelmed. "Fuck, Spencer." I mutter "if you had just kept your fucking mouth shut she never would have been alone. This never would have happened." I feel tears sting my eyes. This is my fault. Whatever he did, and I can piece together what that was just from what I saw, it was my fault. She left because of me and my sorry ass.

I feel physical pain in my chest thinking of Y/N like this, I feel the way I felt when Maeve got abducted five years ago, I feel the same blame, the same hurt knowing I'll never be able to undo what's been done.

I decide to call Y/N, to see if she'll at least pick up. The phone rings a few times and then the line goes dead, she hung up. The only thing I want for her right now is for her to be in arms,to  let me hold her and protect her and keep her safe from the world but right now is about making sure she's okay and giving her what she needs. Once she's okay I'll fucking kill Mr.Manning, I'll call in a favor from Emily. Luke might even be willing to pull a stunt for me if I asked nicely enough. All I want is to never see Y/N the way she was leaving his room again, but right now I need to know what she wants, what she needs. I write her a text, hopefully she'll call me back.

Y/N, I'm not going to pretend I understand what's happening to you right now, but please make sure you're okay, if you need anything let me know. I want you to be okay, I'm right here when you're ready to talk.

I wait for a moment and watch as the delivered turns into read and the typing bubbles pop up on the screen. I wait for her to finish typing but the bubble disappear leaving my text with no response. I sigh, I feel like I might cry if I have to see her hurt for much longer. The not knowing what happened is killing me, I can guess but I can't know and if I don't know I can't help and suddenly I'm spiraling in the parking lot as soft snow begins to drift from the gloomy sky above.

"Spencer," Y/N smiles brightly at me, wrapping me in a tight hug, I feel her breath against my shoulder as she buries her face into me. Her hug only lasts a few seconds but it feels like a never ending bliss. "I had the weirdest dream last night, I was in the classroom and.." I watch her as she dives into detail about her dreams, it's only been a few days since she started but I could listen to her talk forever if that's what she wanted. I watch as she absentmindedly sits down in my chair, truthfully I don't mind her sitting there, typically I would worry about contamination from exterior sources but I don't feel that right now, I feel calm, I feel happy.

"Anyways, it was kinda weird, don't you think?" She spins around in the chair, looking up at me and for a moment it seems almost too good of an idea to kiss her. Take it slow Spencer. Relax. She's your co-worker. I nod and lean against my desk, smiling back at her.

"I love hearing about your dreams, Y/N. I love hearing you speak in general," I say softly. She gets out of the chair and hugs me tightly for a sliver of a second.

"Thank you." She sounds genuinely happy to have heard me say that.

"Anytime, Star. Always here if you need me."