𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞

IM SORRY THIS CHAPTER IS SO LATE IVE HAD EXAMS 😩😩 YALL ARE GETTING LIKE FIVE CHAPTERS THIS WEEK DW

You're startled awake by an unfamiliar alarm blaring in your ear and for a moment you forget you're crashed out on Spencer's bed, his arms wrapped around you. You panic slightly- we didn't- no- we didn't sleep together, did we?
But the memories of last nights drunken dance party slowly drip back into the fore front of your mind. A lot of wine. A lot of dancing to trashy pop music that Spencer despised and luckily and maybe some innocent kissing but no sex. At least not yet anyways.

"Good morning," you hear his groggy morning voice tingle the skin on your neck "sleep well?" You groan, turning over to face him. You look down noticing the fact you're dressed in Spencer clothes, some gray sweatpants and a plain lavender t-shirt, you also notice the headache pounding against your skull. Spencer brings a hand up to your head, massaging your aching temple.

"Hangover?" You still can't get over his deeper rough voice. You nod, blushing slightly, admiring his figure as he stands and stretches, disappearing into the bathroom and returning with a glass of water and some aspirin. "It's only six thirty so you have plenty of time to change," he says noticing you eyeing yourself in the mirror, dressed in one of his t-shirts and a pair of his plaid pajama pants. You smile as you pop the pills into your mouth, downing them with water. You stand, meeting Spencer's eyes "that was a good date."

He smiles lovingly at your remark, coming to stand in front of you "I didn't want to come on too strong- but you seemed to enjoy yourself."

"I- I didn't mean to drink so much- I haven't overstayed my welcome- have I?" You glance nervously at your reflection but your attention is brought back to Spencer when he places a hand on your cheek, hooking two fingers under your chin and tilting your head up.

"Of course not, Y/N," he smiles softly "you're welcome here anytime, rain or shine." You lean into his touch, pressing a soft kiss to his cheek.

"Mind if I drive home on these clothes?" You ask "I can bring them to class later, throw them in the wash." He nods, anxiously slipping his hand around your waist as if unsure of what he's doing.

"I really like you Y/N, I can't quite pin point why, well except for the obvious, you're stunning," he murmurs "but there's something about you, I haven't been able to get you out of my head all week." Your cheeks burn as a small smile creeps onto your face. You lean forward, getting on your tip toes to connect your lips, your arms wrapping around his neck. There's something about Spencer that you can't quite pin point that makes you feel like you've known him forever, like he's always been a part of your life even though it's only been seven days.

It reminds you of something your mother once said "When you meet the right person every minute pushes you years closer to each other." Maybe that's what Spencer is.. the right person.

You scramble to shove your keys into the ignition, "come on Y/N, it's I know it's Thursday but come on keep it together," you mumble to yourself.

It's been four days since you and Spencer's little 'date' and nothing has happened since, nothing has changed, except maybe how when you hug you hold him a little closer or when you walk to parking lot after class you lace your pinkies as if promising to see each other again.

You push the speed limit trying to make it to class before the students, you always try and make it there at least fifteen minutes early, today you were pushing five. You pull into the parking lot, grabbing your coat, which is much needed now thanks to the grey sky and frosted grass, it could snow any day now and practically running through the courtyard. When you finally push through the doors to the classroom you glance at the clock 8:57, three minutes early. The latest you've ever been.

"Spencer I'm-" You look up from fumbling with your keys to see a tall, grey haired man standing at Spencer's desk. He's wearing a stark black suit with a silver tie "Oh- I'm sorry- I thought you were Doctor Reid." The man laughs as he approaches you.

"I'm George Manning," he extends a hand which you shake reluctantly, Spencer's comment about the pathogens has stuck with you "I'm the head of the psychology studies here at Yale, Doctor Reid had to step out to assist his team on a local case, I'll be filling in." You chew on your bottom lip as the man smiles down on you, it's not a kind smile like Spencer's. It's something else, there's something behind his icy eyes that makes you stand up straight.

"I'm- I'm Y/F/N," you say clearing your throat anxiously "pleased to meet you.. I help wi-" "I know what you do Ms.Y/L/N." He raises his eyebrows and turns towards the sea of students beginning to enter the classroom. You have an awful feeling he's not talking about the job. 

...