𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

TW- a bitch

"I would appreciate it if you actually helped me, Y/N," Spencer huffs over his notebook as he attempts to format an entire midterm exam on paper. You switch positions on the couch, so you can see the gangly,pouting, genius.

"Spencer, my darling boy," you say softly, noticing the slight rosy blush warming his cheeks at the nickname "a laptop would be so much more useful than handwriting all the questions." You hear him audibly groan at the sugegstion, but its only a few moments before he reluctantly digs through his satchel for his shitty 9 year old laptop. "God, Spence, that thing is on the cusp of death."

"It works." He grumbles as he fiddles with the mouse pad. You slink over to him as he begins agressivley typing out the questions word by word, you begin to massage his shoulders, although youre not very good at it, it seems to calm him down. "You want to help me?" He sighs "it would go faster." You shake your head.

"Sorry, Spence, I have plans." You press a kiss to the top of his head "a friend of the family, Samantha, is in town for a few days," you hear Spencer groan at the news "Im going out to lunch with her and my...parents." You make a disgusted face at the last part.

"Ah, they dont know about us do they?" You shake your head again.

"My parents still have hopes I'll end up with one of thier friends kids, keep the bonds close." You watch Spencer tense slightly at the idea of you being with someone else, "but I'm ridiculously happy with you so they can deal."

"Good," he whispers in a focused haze "I dont want you being with anyone else, youre mine."

"And you're mine," you say softly. You pause, staring at Spencer as he types, his gangly body leaning forward against the table, soft curls framing his face and before you can think over your thoughts "what if you came? Introduce you to my parents. It's been almost a month since we started to, you know, officially date- so I think it might be nice if you came," You blurt. Spencer shifts uncomfortably in his chair "or not. It's okay."

He shakes his head, firmly shutting the laptop "I don't want to intrude on your plans, Y/N." He looks up at you, resting his elbow on the table and propping his head up with his hand.

"You wouldn't be, Sam has been dying to get the scoop on my personal life and my parents ought to know before they find out on their own." You bring one hand up to his cheek, brushing your thumb over his cheek. Now that you've said it out loud you want him to come with you more than anything.

"A-alright," he says, smiling softly. He stands up, now looking down at you "I'm not great with people, so don't expect me to be prince charming." You laugh, your sarcasm is finally rubbing off on him.

"Just be yourself Spencer, they'll love you."

"So this is why you haven't been coming over," your mother says trying to cover the disgust in her voice. You suddenly regret getting to restaurant before Sam, your mother tends to actually have a filter around her.

"Mom, dad, this is Spencer, Spencer Reid, my coworker and uh- boyfriend," you say with fading confidence. You cast an icy glance in your parents direction as you and Spencer take your seats across from them.

"A Yale man," your father says, the reminisce of smile on his face "you enjoy teaching there?"

"Yes sir, it's a great school," you feel Spencer reach for your hand under the table, squeezing it nervously.