53

Maddy stared at the woman. Chains surrounded her from all directions, circling her. Her wrists bound with iron like the rest on her limbs. She was a prisoner. She had no means to hurt Maddy, yet she was still silently managing just through her gaze. Her cold, cruel, dark eyes held the human hostage.

Lily yelled accusations but was ignored. All Ivera truly cared about was her little pet and making her feel vulnerable and she didn't have to try hard to do so. Even in her position, she still managed to derive sweet satisfaction from torturing the human. The only thing that still mattered in her deranged mind was the pet she had failed to keep.  

Maddy was unsupervised, apart from the oblivious guards that formed a sort of inadequate wall in front of the queen. A queen. So laughable. To Ivera, the queen was just a pet, a child maybe, despite her legal status as an adult. The vampire could see the change in her. She was no longer the strong woman she had been before being captured. She was merely a shadow of her former self. She was now an actor, pretending that she had not been majorly impacted. Her act was falling apart. 

Maddy was shaking. Water running down her cheeks. Despite her being physically free, in her mind she was not. Seeing Ivera made her mentally switch them. She felt chained up again. She went bad to the dark place where she was abused. The Ivera in her mind was free. Free to cause as much havoc and chaos as she desired. 

Just seeing Ivera's fanged smile made Maddy begin to try leave. She glanced at the metal door. She slowly walked backwards before turning and running. In her mind she was being pursued. Ivera was chasing her. Ivera wanted to hurt her. However, there was no way to leave. Her legs broke under her, throbbing. 

Maddy never felt the pain unless she pushed herself. The plethora of pain medications in her system had numbed her normal sense of pain. They made her forget the true state of her body. She could not move fast and walking in itself was difficult and not often allowed. She was physically weak.

A warm hand brushed over her cheek. The wide, panicked eyes of her mate looked her over. He had been alerted by the sound of her body crashing onto the stone ground.

"Come. How about you just sit for a while. You still need to get used to standing," he said misreading her situation.

He thought the pain was making her bones shake. 

Maddy had no means or confidence to protest or reason with him. She did not consider asking him to take her out of the room. She refused to ask him for anything. She could not even meet his eyes or speak back to him, only replying with soft nodding. She refused to refuse him or ask anything from him. She was terrified. She was afraid to disobey his wishes or be too demanding. All the rules from her time in captivity were filtering back into her mind. The rules stated she had to be perfect. She had to be quiet, subservient and obedient. Nothing more and nothing less than a pretty, emotionless, plastic doll.

Ivera watched on through Lily's onslaught. She wore a twisted smile. Her sadistic mind found satisfaction through her Madeline succumbing to the other state of mind, the one she had forced into her. Quiet, timid and obedient, just as she believed a human should be. Ivera watched the young woman unintentionally pushing her mate away, refusing to communicate her needs with him.

Ivera loved the look of fear and despair on her pet's face. Her pet shouldn't have tried to escape before her work was complete, now she was stuck with two versions and so much emotional turmoil and confusion. Ivera was familiar with humans, she had studied them when training them to be perfect students. They were emotional creatures. Even those who tried to pretend they could ignore emotions. They battled conflicting ideas in their head when trying to adjust. They stressed so easily, it even made them sick. Fragile little humans.