30

A large hall surrounded Maddy. It was set up magnificently for the coronation. She could not stop staring at it all in awe.

Beside her in his Royal attire was her mate, wearing a golden crown. It was strange seeing him so dressed up and in a crown as a opposed to his usual smart pants and shirts with a few extra ornaments, usually made of gold.

He could not take his eyes off the dress, just as his cousin in the front row had predicted. The guard was, much to Maddy's distaste, in her uniform instead of sharing her suffering in a dress.

Maddy's eyes stared into her King's as he held a beautiful crown of gold in his hands. It was decorated with jewels and gems that she had never seen in her life. They glowed so brilliantly.

He lifted the piece up to above her head and placed it down gently.

"You look absolutely perfect. It suits you so well my little Queen," he whispered in her ear making her blush softly.

She smiled as they turned to face the crowd. It was just as they had practiced over and over  in the days leading to the ceremony only it was real this time.

His hand slowly held hers. His fingers intertwined with hers. A sign of unity.

"I present to you my mate and your new queen. Queen Madeline," Xavier announced.

For a moment there was the sound of loud clapping, cheering and even a few joyful howls.

Maddy was surprised at how happy they were even though she was a human. She had expected a completely opposite response from them.

Her eyes noticed a drawn bow, it was blurred due to it being so far back in the room but she could see it.

An arrow was shot. It moved fast. Incredibly fast, it shot at her like a bullet.

She was frozen in place till the last second when she ducked.

She barely missed the arrow. The arrow that was now sticking through the crown.

The crown fell from her head.

She watched horrified as the hall was stormed by masked men in black, all armed.

Blood stained the walls. Bodies lay about.

Xavier snarled at the threat to his mate and shoved her aside to the ground. He stood over her, killing whoever dared to approach her.

Then a silver arrow hit a weak spot.

He turned.

Another lodged in his heart.

Maddy screamed horrified as he shifted and collapsed.

"XAVIER!!!!" The girl screamed holding the body of her lover in her arms.

His dark eyes closed and the warmth dissipated from his skin.

"No! No no no no! Xavier wake up! Wake up! Please I beg you! Wake up! I need you! Please I'll do as you say. I won't try go outside. You can tease me as much as you want!"

Her desperate cries were met with eerie and deafening silence.

The only replies and sounds to be heard were her own echoes and breaths.

She felt the stabbing pain in her heart. The feeling of being ripped apart inside.

She gripped her chest, crying out in pain and agony. Her head shook. She was mistaken. It was an illusion. He was not dead. It was impossible.

It was pure torture.

"Long live the Queen."

A shadow fell on her.