catching up

march 19th, 1988

seattle, washington

"kurt, what the hell?" molly groaned, twisting her neck to get a better view of the back of her right arm in the mirror.

"it adds... character?"

she sent him a glare.

"well, don't matching tattoos bring bad luck? y'know, like after you get em' with someone whatever relationship you have with them is... cursed?"

"now you're just making shit up," molly said, finally giving up on trying to see the small inking.

kurt groaned, "i'm sorry. you're the one who let me it."

"whatever. i guess it does add... character."

kurt was a talented artist. hell, he had a scholarship to some art school before he decided to drop out.

but a tattoo gun was not a pencil.

from the first time kurt uttered a 'fuck,' while tattooing her, molly knew it would not end well.

despite kurt's hindrances, his had gone very well. the lines were clean and even, and it had taken all of three minutes.

molly's didn't have such a happy ending.

kurt had done the shield first.

naturally, it was too light the first time.

he emitted curses as he gripped the buzzing machine until his fingers were white.

"just relax, kurt."

"shouldn't i be telling you that?"

the shield wasn't so bad, just a little darker in some spots than others.

but the k...

"you would think after writing your name for, i don't know, twenty years, you would know how to draw a k," molly said, collapsing into the couch once again.

kurt didn't respond, but lifted his middle finger to her face.

she swatted it away, causing him to chuckle.

despite her annoyance about having a virtually unknown indie label's logo tattooed, pretty shitily, on her body forever, molly couldn't help but crack a smirk.

they sat in a comfortable silence, the pixies, this new band from boston's, debut album, surfer rosa, playing in the back.

"y'know what would be really good right now?" molly asked.

"what?"

"some weed."

~

"you slapped him?"

molly giggled and nodded.

kurt shook his head and chuckled.

"so what did he do?"

"well... he hit me back-"

kurt shot up in his seat, opening his mouth to curse jon out.

"-but," molly said, holding a finger up to stop him, "chris jumped in. after i, uh, got knocked down. apparently andy and jeff had to pull him off, he wouldn't stop beating on him. i kind of passed out, so i had to hear all this from layne-"

"who?"

molly's eyes widened, "you don't know layne?"

kurt shook his head.