plotting the plan😏

Ryan's pov:

"How is this going to even work?" I said. All of Malibu was obsessed with how "perfect" barbie and kens relationship was. Would our plan even succeed?

"Of course it will work." Raquelle said with upmost confidence.

"Well, not to be rude or anything Raquelle, but most of your schemes haven't even succeeded." Ken said.

I started laughing and Barbie nudged Ken in defense.

"Have you even plotted an evil scheme Ken?" Raquelle questioned.

Ken went silent, leading a smirk to rise upon raquelles lips. "That's what I thought." She said.

"So here's the plan." Raquelle began. "Barbie, you and Ken have to pretend your dating for the time being until the ball. Then at the ball, you have a fake fight and say it's why you broke up. No cheating will be associated with either of you as well, and if it is, shut the rumors down."

It took a moment for Raquelles plan to sink in, but it did sound like a pretty well thought out plan.

"Let's do it." I said.

We all nodded in agreement and decided to leave the room. We'd left the party for forever now.

Ken seemed distant from me once Raquelle and Barbie left the room, like he was hiding something from me.

"Hey Kenny boy!" I called out.

"Ryan when are you going to quit using that nickname." He said with a sigh escaping his lips.

"Oh Kenny boy, you know I can't stop." Ryan said with a smirk. "It's addicting." I told him.

Kens pov:
This was getting so hard not to take him right here and right now. But the costs were high. Chelsea could walk in, Stacey could walk in, anything could happen.

But my emotions took over me quicker than the blink of an eye.

I quickly walked over to where Ryan was standing and pressed my lips against him. He responded back and started to kiss me back. The only problem was, when I asked for entrance he declined.

I was confused, why was Ryan being like this?

My thoughts were quickly interrupted when Ryan pulled away almost instantly.

"I should go." He said, practically shoving himself off me.

"Wow, not even going to explain why you did that!" I called out. But it was no use, Ryan was already gone and I knew he wouldn't even answer my question. What was Ryan so afraid of?

I sighed and walked out the door, only to be met by Raquelle.

Once she took notice of me she walked towards me and started to chat.

"Well there you are Ken! You know you missed presents, Kelly loved your present by the way." She said but I interrupted her by asking, "Raquelle are you in love with Barbie?"

Her face went red and her eyes widened. "Me, in love with Barbie? God no. The more important topic is you and Ryan." She said.

"I really don't want to talk about Ryan right now." I mumbled.

"Oooo do I sense drama? Or tension?" She said, her excitement building up inside her.

"Look, it's just, i'm confused about Ryan. Once second he's calm towards me and kind, and the next thing I know he pushes me away." I said frustrated.

Raquelle sighed. "Look Ken, this may come as a shock to you, but I could be wrong. Ryan has never been in love. He's never felt the flaming desire of passion and need. I don't know for sure, but if he's in love with you, you might be the first person he's ever loved." Raquelle walked out of the room leaving me alone to process what she just said.

Was Raquelle right? Was Ryan in love with me? If I had asked myself this question months ago I would have laughed right in her face. But now, things were different. It's funny how much everything can change in a span of only a few months.

I always knew change existed, but I never thought my feelings of hatred towards Ryan would ever change.

I was incredibly attracted to Ryan, but could those feelings of attraction possibly be feelings of love?