aftermath of the confession

Kens pov:
"So did we just-" Ryan began.

"Um yeah, I guess we did." I murmured. My voice slowly starting to succumb to the silence.

Ryan coughed awkwardly and I quickly sprung up from the floor.

We both grabbed at our clothes and began to hastily get dressed. It was ironic how awkward this felt when we were both adults.

I walked towards the door and peeked through the crack.

"I think it's all clear Ryan." I said.

"Sounds good, Kenny boy." Ryan said with a smirk.

I sighed and stood facing him at the doorway. "Are you still going on with that nickname?" I said as if I annoyed but secretly I loved it.

"Yep, and I still intend to." Ryan remarked with a soft laugh escaping his lips.

Ryan reached for the door handle but before he could open it I grabbed his hand and asked him, "What does this mean for us Ryan?"

Ryan was silent for a moment. Great, I just ruined everything.

"Never mind Ryan it's so big deal." I said, reaching for the door handle ready to leave, but Ryan grabbed my hand.

Ryan's pov:
This was the time to tell him. I want a relationship with Ken and I don't even care who knows. Once we execute our plan perfectly I want to be with Ken.

"Ken, it's taken a while for me to tell you this, but I want to be with you. I've never really been in a relationship but I want to try with you. I've never felt this way about anyone before and i'm willing to try my best." I said, trying my best not to make all the words spill out at once.

Ken beamed with happiness. "I want to try too Ryan."

And in that moment was when I realized that Ken was always going to be the true love of my life.

"We should get going." Ken began pointing towards the door.

We walked out the door and was met with someone we were not expecting.

Raquelle?

"Finally, it's about time you guys were finished. I've been looking eveywhere for you two." Raquelle told us. But there was something different about Raquelle this time, she looked, nervous??

"Raquelle is there something wrong?" I asked.

Raquelle was quiet for a moment before she answered. "They're onto us."

Me and Ken knew exactly what she meant when she said those words. The paparazzi.

"They saw Ken wandering the halls and they're getting suspicious. We need to go. Now!" Raquelle said, her voice in a panic.

"Where's barbie? We need to find her."Raquelle said.

We searched room after room hoping to find barbie but no luck. I knew we had to find barbie soon or else Raquelle would go into even more of a frenzy.

We searched just about every room and we decided to check the rooftop just in case. Well, we were meant with a very unpleasant sight.

We had found Barbie, but not in the way we'd hoped.

Barbie was on top of her best friend midge, making out with her. I turned to see my sisters face and all I could see was a look of pure heartbreak.

But I knew Raquelle well enough to know she'd never let Barbie get the best of her.

"I should've known." Raquelle said, speaking with a cold and bitter tone. She stormed off the balcony as Barbie kept calling and calling her name.

"Raquelle wait! I'm sorry!" Barbie said, making her way towards her.

"Save it! You really thought you could cheat on me with the country girl from Wisconsin? Well let me tell you Barbie that you were lucky to have me, and you'll never get me back." She spat.

Me and Ken stood there dumbfounded, but on the inside I was burning with rage.

Raquelle truly loved her and that was what Raquelle truly needed, love. She'd always been painted as the villain and as much as she tried to act like it didn't affect her, I know it did.

I guess Barbie isn't as perfect as we all thought.

But that's what happens with the people we love. We put them on this pedestal of glory and greatness when in reality, they're just as flawed as the rest of us.

( barbies fake af 🙄)