the betrayal

hey i'm so sorry i haven't updated in a bit my mom just put screen time on my phone and it's sucked but i'm gonna try to get out as many chapters as i can!

kens pov:
me and ryan sat on our secret rooftop in silence, contemplating what to do next. Malibu was going up in flames and there was nothing we could do to stop it.

You might be wondering how we got into this mess. How me and Ryan would be hunted down for the truth, how the world would turn a burning hatred against Raquelle.

Speaking of Raquelle she hasn't spoken to us in hours. She acted as if barbie cheating on her didn't affect her one bit, but we all knew it did. If she wasn't affected by barbies actions she wouldn't have locked herself in the broom closet on the roof.

While raquelle stayed hidden from the world me and ryan were freaking out.

barbie had turned the world against us with her words. When we found her with midge on the roof she immediately went to the paparazzi to save herself.

She told them raquelle cheated on her and she also exposed my biggest secret. She told the paparazzi about me and ryan's affair.

Malibu was in shock from the news and quite frankly angry at us. But they don't know the full side of the story.

I felt betrayed by barbie for what she had done. She stabbed us all in the back without hesitation, and it hurt more than anything.

Why did all of this have to happen when I was finally getting to a state of peace in my life. I just told Ryan I loved him and now I might have to separate myself from him forever.

The people of Malibu are ruthless, and will stop at nothing to avenge barbie. I knew this for a fact and if i was smart i would stick to that principle.

I stood up and began pacing back and forth. A immense amount of stress was taking over my body and I didn't know how to stop it.

A list of scenarios popped into my head. I could fly to europe and abandon my life in malibu but only a coward would do that. But was I even brave? Why should i be expected to abide by a principle that i can't even follow?

I was so overtaken by panic and stress that i didn't even notice ryan walking towards me.

Ryan stood there awkwardly for a moment while i freaked out. "You know i've always sucked at comforting people." He spoke with a chuckle by my side.

I looked at him in the eyes and in that moment I felt all the stress melt away. For just a second it felt as if all my problems were melting away with him by my side.

It was all because of him.

We sat down on the same place that I first knew there was something more going on between us. The bench that caused the forbidden kiss.

"Yeah you do suck in that compartment."I said, trying to keep the situation light.

"Do you remember when we first kissed?" I asked him calmly.

"Yeah. I do, pretty sure we hated each other." He said with a chuckle.

"If we truly hated each other then we wouldn't have kissed." I added, making a a good and true point.

I wanted to stay in this state of peace and comfort for as long as I could but I couldn't, I had to ask the burning question that was igniting in both me and Ryan.

"What's gonna happen to us Ryan." I asked as I leaned into his chest.

Ryan always seemed to know just what to say, except this time. This time he was dead silent and acted unsure.

"I don't know Ken. And i'm not sure if this is a problem I can get us out of." He said with uncertainty hidden in his tone.

It took a second to process his words, but not that long. Ryan thought this meant the end of us, or in other words he was giving up on us.

"You can't just walk away from us Ryan. It will do both of us no good." I retorted as Ryan pushed me off him.

Now Ryan was standing up, pacing and pacing.

"But that's the thing Ken. I feel like I don't have a choice. If I don't let you go I don't know what they'll do to you." Ryan murmured, his words trailing from his soft lips.

"You don't need to be so worried about me Ryan, i'll be fine." I added.

Ryan sighed and took my hand in his. "I know you'll be fine Ken, but I just don't have a choice." He explained, his voice raising.

"We all have a choice Ryan, You just have to make yours." I stated.

Me and Ryan were like the Sun and the moon. We balanced each other out but on paper we looked like a doomed relationship. We appeared to be two polar opposites, two people that could never possibly get along.

But the world is wrong. Because under all of our layers of personality and broken pieces of our soul, we were immensely alike, in ways even I couldn't explain.