𝙋𝙧𝙤𝙨𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙩𝙞𝙘

Sal POV:
I woke up Monday morning to the sound of that stupid— "BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP" alarm?.."BEEEEP BEEEEEEP BEEP BEEP" it got louder. I opened my eyes. I rubbed them a little before things came into focus. "Mmm Larry?.." I said. The beeping stopped. "Finally you're awake, I've been beeping for a good 5 minutes" he said. I sat up and reached over to put my glass eye in. I laughed a little. "God you little shit" I said. Larry smiled and handed me my mask after I put in the eye. "Come on we gotta go soon, I can't be late again my English teacher will kick my ass" he said throwing a shirt at me. I quickly got changed and brush my teeth. I put my hair into the pigtails. I looked at the weather. Fuck. Rain.

"Come onnn hurry your butt!" Larry said from the front door. I was still standing in my room. I laughed "yea yea! Hold on!" I went to reach for my backpack. My hand froze. I saw the note. The one I'd read before sitting on my notebook. It was still crumbled with the wet marks on it. I stared for a moment. "SALLY FACE HURRY YOUR NON EXISTENT BUTT!" Larry screamed. "I'm coming!" I said. I quickly shoved the note in my backpack and went to Larry. I caught up to Larry. We started walking "and for your information I have a GREAT ass" I said shoving him and laughing. He laughed. we practically ran to the car.

[...]

I hadn't seen Travis in class. I was a bit worried until— It was lunch and I saw Travis at his locker. I ran up to him and put my hand on his shoulder. "Hey Trav!" I said smiling at him. He turned his face to look at me. He had a small bruise on his cheek. I automatically forgot about him not being in class. "Travis? What happened to your cheek?" I gently touched the spot with my hands and held his face. "Oh uh..ya know. The stuff. With the kids." He said with an awkward smile. The smile seemed a little forced. Larry came up behind me "sup tra- yyyikes—" I quickly nudged his arm. "Shit sorry dude" Larry said. He really never thinks before he speaks. Travis still trying to smile spoke "it's alright it was just- an accident" he focused back on his locker and starting taking out a few books for our next classes after lunch. "Whatever you say man" Larry said.

We all started to walk to lunch. Travis seemed more quiet then usual. He won't tell me what's wrong with his eye. Something happened. We all sat down. "Hey sal can I have a pencil?" Ashley said. "Sure" I reached in my backpack and stopped. The note. I totally forgot about it. I stared at it. Should I ask Travis about it? Maybe Ashley. Wouldn't it be best if I asked the whole table? But then what if they feel to scared to say it was them. "Do you not have one?" Ashley said, interrupting my thoughts. "Oh sorry" I quickly grabbed one and slid it to her. I zipped up my backpack and grabbed Travis's arm. "Me and Travis have to go to the bathroom-" before he could talk I was pulling him away.

Travis POV:
I got pulled into the bathroom by sal. He looked around the corners and checked the stalls. "Sally? What is it?" I said looking at him. I moved the same direction his head did whenever he looked for someone. "Ok nones here, look we need to talk" he said."talk? About what? Is something wrong?" My head started to rush again. That stress filled feeling. I hated those words.."you promise you'll be honest with me?" He seemed to calm down but still stressed. "Yea?" Oh no. What did I do? "Did—" he stopped. His eyes shifted away from my face. "Do you know if anyone likes me?-" he rubbed his arm softly. "What?" He looked back at me. I knew that look. The look in his eyes. Someone was flustered. God it was..not- cute.

"Ok ok that sounded weird it's just- I found this note and I think someone likes me. I think I know who too" my note? He means MY note. The note I wrote?! Ok ok clam down. I felt my face go red and my hands go into fists. Just tell him Travis. Tell him. Tell him you were wrong. Tell him. Tell him you thought you were a 𝗳𝗮𝗴𝗴𝗼𝘁. I thought..Am I? "I-..I'm not sure, maybe Ashley?" You dumb-fuck. "Oh. You really think so?" His voice seemed calm but upset. My face was still red. I wanted to run. I wanted to disappear. I couldn't bare the sight of his sad eyes. It hurt. Did I say something wrong?