𝙏𝙤𝙜𝙚𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧

Sal POV:
I looked down at the ground. I stepped on one of the many fall leaves and stared off at the lake. "Hey Sal!" I heard. I turned to my left to see Travis, he ran up towards me. We stood in front of me awkwardly holding his bruised fists closed tightly, his eyes shining in the light, his face heated by red hue. "H-hey trav" I said with a small smile.

He looked around nervously trying to avoid eye contact. His feet shifted a little crinkling against the leaves. "So you wanted to talk?.." he said fiddling with his rosary. His eyes were staring off onto the lake. I didn't mind. "Yea.." I said. I knew what I wanted to say but I stared at him for a moment. Everything came back to me. The punching, the yelling,

"𝐻𝑒𝑦 𝑓𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑘!"

The name calling,

"𝑆ℎ𝑢𝑡 𝑢𝑝 𝑓𝑎𝑔𝑔𝑜𝑡!" ℎ𝑒 𝑠𝑎𝑖𝑑 𝑠ℎ𝑜𝑣𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑚𝑒.

The constant shoving and pushing.

"𝐻𝑎ℎ! 𝑇ℎ𝑎𝑡𝑠 𝑤ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑔𝑒𝑡 𝑞𝑢𝑒𝑒𝑟!" 𝐻𝑒 𝑠𝑎𝑖𝑑 𝑎𝑓𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑡𝑟𝑖𝑝𝑝𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑚𝑒.

Everything.

I stared more. Why did I feel this way? All he had done was hurt me yet..

"𝑇ℎ𝑎𝑛𝑘𝑠..𝑆𝑎𝑙𝑙𝑦"

...

"𝐼𝑚 𝑠𝑜𝑟𝑟𝑦."

...

"𝐼 𝑚𝑒𝑎𝑛..𝑌𝑜𝑢'𝑟𝑒 𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑙𝑙𝑦 𝑛𝑖𝑐𝑒 𝑦𝑎 𝑘𝑛𝑜𝑤."

...

Everything?...

⚠️CW: YELLING⚠️

I'd grown feelings for him but it hurt having them. Knowing he could be that way, why? "Why did you.." I started but I stopped. I looked down then looked up at his face. He seemed confused yet focused. "why did you hurt me?" I said. I saw his jaw and grip on his hands tighten. His eyes seemed glossy. "I.." before he could start tears formed in my eyes. "Why did you hurt me?! I did nothing to you!" I said. Everything just let out..I didn't mean it to go this way. He looked down.

He started to hold back tears and whimper. His legs were shaking. I felt awful. I shouldn't have yelled. why did I yell?? Sal you idiot! "I'm sorry." He said. Sorry? "No. I know I just- why?" I said. His voice was shaky and so was mine. Tears started to stream down his face. "I..I don't know!-" he said. His eyes stayed staring at the ground and never looked away. don't know? You don't know?! What the fuck is that suppose to mean?! He put me through hell! "You..you put me through hell! What do you mean you don't know?! You can't just hurt me then-...then do this..you can't just fuck with my feelings!" I said.

I was choking on my words while crying. Just in a few months the same asshole who made me hate him made me love him. He fucked with my head!..my stupid head. His whole body was shaking, he kept coughing and sniffling from crying. His eyes were closed most of the time due to him crying. I wanted to let him take his time. I didn't like being yelled at either but..but- he deserved it! He hurt me. "Sal my.." he tried to speak but choked on his words a little. He took a deep breath in. "Look it's my fault I should've..I shouldn't have ever spoke to you." He said. huh? "What?.." I said, my voice shaking.

"I should've never messed with your feelings. Things should've just stayed the way they were." He said. His voice seemed to stabilize a bit more. I felt my whole face heat up and tears roll more and more down my face making it inside my mask hot. "Sal I'm sorry, can we just pretend this—" before he could finished I grabbed his arm "NO YOU AREN'T GOING TO DO THIS TO ME!" I said crying. "YOU- you can't! You can't just pretend this never happened! After everything?! I'm not letting you leave! Not again!!...please..Ashley, L-Larry.. why do you all pretend it never happened?! You can't get rid of..everything! It's not fair..." I said shaking. I let out harsh sobs as I stared into his eyes.