Book Two: Chapter 3

Borga and her bandits surrounded Jenny with their spears out. She couldn't run without getting stabbed by them.

The fat hyena chief held up a key, grinning. "You forgot to grab this. Heeheehee!"

Jenny's legs trembled, but she kept her guard up. Showing no fear won't lower her defense.

"Give me back the ruby, and we won't eat you," Borga ordered.

Jenny held up the ruby. "Lower your spears first."

Borga crossed her arms and laughed. "You can't demand us. I make the orders!"

"I can't trust you while your pack is pointing their spears at me."

"You are my slave. Obey me!"

Jenny bit her lip. If she gives Borga back the ruby, her bandits could kill her, anyway. Or they would only put her back into the loot chamber.

Borga would also put the ruby in a secure place that could be unreachable for Jenny. If only they didn't lock the gate on both sides.

Behind her, Jenny heard a loud stomping noise, rampaging behind the gate. Before she knew it, the gate burst apart, and a giant reptile charged into the cave, roaring. Jenny and the hyenas retreated from the rampaging creature. Before Borga ran, the creature swung its tail, knocking her into the wall.

Jenny hid behind a tall rock and peeked at the monster. The thing was a Tyrant, similar to a T-rex with a large mouth, small arms, and long legs.

Huntar, Zena, and Torag were riding on the monster. What a relief, but how did they tame it?

"Hop on!" Huntar shouted.

Jenny placed the ruby in her mouth and raced to the creature. Huntar held out his hand, and Jenny leaped up to grab it.

After pulling her up, Jenny sat behind Huntar and spat out the ruby onto her hand. "I got it!"

"Good! Let's get out of here!" Zena shouted.

With two ropes, Huntar steered the monster toward the broken gate and tugged the ropes. The Tyrant charged out from the cavern, running into the barren land.

Zena stared at the ruby in Jenny's hand. "Is that the right one?"

"It is the only ruby inside their loot chamber," said Jenny.

"Then we better return it," Huntar stated.

"Torag!" The rhino shouted.

Zena looked back. "Not yet! We got company!"

Jenny looked back and saw four Rammers charging behind the Tyrant. Borga and her bandits were riding on them, cackling as if they were happy. Or maybe they were furious. Hard to tell because of their chuckling vocal cords.

"Don't let them escape!" Borga shouted while shaking her stone mace in the air.

If the Laughing Death Clan catches up to the Tyrant, they might jump on and push everyone off the lizard. Or worse, they might slash the Tyrant's legs to make it fall to the ground.

"We're going to have to fight them!" Jenny suggested.

Huntar smiled. "Mine pleasure."

One Rammer caught up toward the Tyrant and charged on the right side. Huntar glared at the two bandits on the mount, realizing he could jump on them and take their ride. If he could ride around the Tyrant, he could take out the hyena bandits quickly. It would be easy than waiting for them to hop on the Tyrant.

Huntar handed the ropes to Jenny. "Take these."

Jenny took the ropes. "What do I do?"

"Keep our mount running!" Huntar ordered. "I shall deal with the foes!"

He watched the closest one approached him. Close enough, the lion leaped off and landed on the Rammer between the hyena riders.

"Greetings!" Huntar punched the front rider off. The hyena hit the ground before his own mount trembled over him.

The other rider wrapped his arms around the lion's neck, squeezing his throat. Huntar coughed, but he pulled out his sword and swung his blade back, stabbing the hyena's face. Then he pushed the hyena off the Rammer.

"I love riding these things!" Huntar held onto the harness and kicked the Rammer's side to run faster with the Tyrant.

He steered the Rammer around and charged toward the second Rammer, following the Tyrant. The hyena at the front threw a spear toward him, but Huntar ducked.

When he reached the Rammer, Huntar leaped and landed on the rider. He bit the hyena's neck and tore out his throat. The other rider swung a hatchet toward the lion's skull.

Huntar grabbed the hyena's wrist and twisted, forcing the bandit to drop his hatchet. Then he sliced the hyena's head off with his sword.

While the other Rammer charging away, Huntar pushed both bodies off the second Rammer before sitting down to ride it. Only two Rammers left to stop the Laughing Death Clan from chasing his friends.

He steered the Rammer to the other side of the Tyrant where the other riders were at. One hyena leaped toward the Tyrant, but Torag knocked him away. The foolish bandit hit the ground, falling behind.

"Good, Torag!" Huntar charged toward the Rammer with only one rider. Fighting one rider on the mount will be easy for the lion.

As Huntar approached behind the Rammer, he rose on his mount's back, keeping his balance steady. When he got close, he leaped off the second Rammer and landed on the other one behind the hyena.

Huntar twisted the hyena's neck and pushed his body off the mount. He grabbed the harness and kept the Rammer following the last one.

Borga and her rider were the last ones. Without their chief, the bandits will give up.

Huntar pulled the straps back, and the Rammer roared while charging faster, leaving a trail of dust behind. He held out his sword, ready to strike the female brute.

"Prepare to be smitten by my blade!" Huntar swung his blade, Borga ducked and threw a punch into the lion's face.

The attack pushed Huntar off his mount, and then he crashed to the ground, rolling backward. After his body stopped, he watched the hyenas ride away before darkness took over him.