Book Two: Chapter 8

Huntar climbed up a stiff cliff on an enormous, tall mountain in the jungle. He believed if he could reach the top, he could see where Jenny might be taken to. It might be a poor choice, but he has to try.

"How much further?" Zena shouted below him. "I still believe this is a bad decision!"

"I told you!" Huntar exclaimed. "I will not give her up!"

"Errrrrr! I can't stop seeing your scrotum!"

"Then cease looking, pervert!" Huntar's hands reached the edge, and he climbed over it.

On the top, he helped Zena up and waited for Torag to reach the top next. After the rhino got on top, Huntar glanced around.

He could see the entire jungle around the mountain, but no signs whoever took Jenny. Perhaps this was the waste of his time.

"Look over there!" Zena shouted.

Huntar saw the zebra girl pointing her finger toward the other side. "What is it?"

He approached Zena and peeked over her shoulder.

Miles from the mountain, there was a strange structure in the darkness, near the jungle outskirts. Hunter couldn't determine its true form, but the structure shined in blue lights. Besides the moon, it was the only place shining in the jungle darkness.

"I think it is a village," Zena suggested.

Huntar beamed his eyes. "I don't believe so. It's blue."

"They could be crystal lamps, clouding the flames in blue light."

"Torag?" The rhino asked.

"Only cave villages use crystal lamps," Huntar stated. "And why would they use powerful lights for the entire world to see them?"

Zena turned to him. "Maybe they have allies who -"

"Torag!" The rhino pointed his finger up.

"Now what?" Huntar looked up and saw more blue lights flowing over the mountain. They looked like stars until Huntar noticed the lights were on shiny metal saucers.

More saucers flew past Huntar and his companions, heading toward the glimmering structure.

"What are those things?" Zena shouted.

Huntar watched each saucer drift by while glaring his eyes in determination. "I am about to find out."

He faced the edge and rushed toward it. He leaped off the mountain and landed on a saucer as it zoomed past the mountain.

"Huntar!" Zena shouted until her voice disappeared in the wind.

Huntar held onto the sphere, mounted on the saucer body. The thing felt very smooth with clean silver armor plates. Behind it, the flying saucer was leaving a buzzing sound trail and the thing was two times bigger than the lion Beastman. Somehow the thing didn't notice Huntar lying on top of it. Perhaps because it doesn't have any eyes.

Huntar tried scratching the thing and pushed his claws through its exterior. But the armor was too thick for him to rip open.

Amazing! If Huntar could craft the thing into an armor suit, no foe could ever defeat him in battle. What kind of magic could create an unknown thing?

As the saucer approached the structure among its flock, Huntar could fully see what the building appeared to be. A giant ring, but only half of it stood above what appeared to be a city. Rectangular towers stood in rows across the metal floor, full of lights and glass windows. Many more saucers hovered around the structures as if the strange city was their village.

Toward the center of the city, a square building as big as a mountain stood in front of the giant ring. Probably some kind of palace.

The saucer entered a large opening where Huntar dropped down, landing on his bare feet. The chamber was full of metal cubes. Each saucer picked one cube up and flew out of the chamber while the others placed the cubes back on stacks.

Huntar suspected one of the saucers abducted Jenny. She should be inside the strange structure.