chapter sixteen

"Good morning sleepy head." Spencer smiles to you as you begin to awake.

"Good morning." You whisper sleepily back. Spencer lays on his back while you're lying on your side against him. You feel him stroking your hair. He plants a small kiss on your forehead.

It's the third day since you've been back from Las Vegas. Spencer has been staying home from work with you. The team is currently on a case so Spencer really only has to work when they call asking for help. Every so often you'll try to help but Hotch really hasn't been wanting you to. Considering the case they're working on is about rapes, and it's still a newly fresh topic to you.

"How you feeling pretty lady?" Spencer whispers, still stroking your hair and using the other arm to pull you closer.

"I feel a little weaker today. My bruises hurt extra." You murmur. You only just woke up and are still adjusting.

"I'm sorry sweetheart." Spencer whispers, lightly kissing the top of your head.

"Don't be, it's not your fault." You respond, slightly more awake-sounding then your previous responses.

"I know. Is there anything I can do for you?" Spencer says.

"Mm.. Can you make me breakfast babyyy." You say in a playful voice. You notice you feel giggly this morning. When you turn to look at Spencer he chuckles, noticing your mood to. He cups your cheek and smiles a wide grin at you.

"Of course I can make you breakfast darling." He softly kisses your lips, and you giggle against him.

Spencer gets off the bed reaching his hand out to help you up. You take his hand and carefully get off the bed. You're in a lot of pain. You have bruises on your lower stomach, throat, inner thighs, vaginal region, and ribs. It makes it especially hard for you to walk and do normal things, but today is a worse day. Luckily Spencer's there to help you.

Spencer puts his arm around your waste and helps you to walk.

"Do you want to go to the couch or-." Spencer begins but you cut him off.

"I want to sit in the kitchen with you." You giggle.

"Somebody is in a good mood today for being in extra pain." Spencer chuckles.

You laugh at Spencer's remark as the two of you reach the kitchen. Spencer ever so carefully grabs your waste and lifts you to sit on the counter. You cringe at the pain for a moment but it goes away as you adjust yourself on the counter.

"Did I hurt you?" Spencer looks a little worried.

"No honey I'm fine, just took me a second to adjust." You lightly smile at Spencer.

"Okay." He grins lightly at you.

Spencer walks over to the fridge looking inside.

"Hmm.. Do you want french toast eggs?" Spencer says not turning away from the fridge.

"What the hell is that." You laugh.

"It's just where you cut the middle of the bread out and make eggs inside of it. So like toast and eggs. I can also make little uncrustables out of the middles." Spencer looks over at you.

"That sounds good." You give Spencer a soft smile, watching him take the eggs out of the fridge and the bread out of the cabinet.

Spencer's wearing halloween pajama bottoms and no shirt, and you're wearing his boxers and a crewneck sweater.

While the eggs are cooking in the bread Spencer grabs to mugs and begins using the kuerig to make coffee for the two of you. He puts in a caramel vanilla cream green mountain coffee pod for you.