chapter twenty-three

The next morning you and Spencer are getting ready in your hotel room for work, before hearing a knock on the door.

"I got it Spence!" You yell while Spencer is brushing his teeth.

You open the door to reveal a fully ready Hotch.

"Oh good morning Hotch." You say, a little confused to what he's doing.

"Good morning y/n. I've made you a doctors appointment that you'll be going to before work today." Hotch says with a slight smile.

"Oh thank you Hotch but I don't really think I need one." You respond.

He walks into your room and shuts the door. He says nothing but hands you a piece of paper with the appointment information on it.

You look at the paper to see that Hotch made you an appointment with an OBGYN. Your jaw drops ever so slightly and you just look up at Him.

"Hailey was exactly like this with Jack. I thought it would be best to make the appointment now rather then when we get back." Hotch said.

"Thank you Hotch." You say with a light smile.

"I didn't mean to bud into your personal life. I just want you both to know that I'm here for you. Does Spencer know?" Hotch says lowering his voice more.

"Yes. We found out together, last night." You say with a smile.

"Are you guys happy?" He asks.

"Very. I was scared at first, but Spencer calmed me down." You respond.

"I'm glad. The two of you will make great parents. The appointment is in an hour and a half so the two of you can wait in the hotel room for the next hour before you have to go." Hotch informs you.

"Hey Hotch what's up?" Spencer asks stepping out of the bathroom.

"I made a doctors appointment for y/n. I figured it'd be best to do it now then to wait." He says to Spencer.

Spencer scrunches his eyebrows, giving a confused look to you and Hotch.

"As a father, it didn't take much profiling to figure it out." Hotch says giving a small smile to Spencer.

"Thank you." Spencer lightly smiles at Hotch.

"I'll see the two of you in work later. Good luck." Hotch says walking out of the room.

After that you and Spencer relax in the hotel for a little bit longer. You get a little bit upset when Spencer reminds you that you can't have coffee, which makes the two of you laugh for a little bit. After an hour of waiting around the two of you head down to the SUV that the team left for you and drive towards the appointment.

During the drive Spencer rests his hand on your stomach. Tracing small patterns. This causes you to smile to yourself. After a little bit you place your hand over Spencer's.

About 10 minutes into the 30 minute ride your phone starts ringing. It's your dad.

"You should answer." Spencer says while keeping his eyes on the road.

You answer the phone call from your dad and hear it connect to the bluetooth of the SUV.

"Hey dad!" You say.

"Hey hun! I wanted to see how my little girl has been." He says to you.

"I've been good. Spencer and I are on a case right now and we are in the car. Your on bluetooth so he can hear you." You say into the car.

"Oh hey kiddo!" Your dad yells to Spencer.

"Hey dad." Spencer smiles back.

"I wanted to congratulate you on the engagement honey. Spencer told me and the boys his plan and we knew you'd love it." Your dad says making you blush.