Chapter 31

Chapter 31

Danica’s P.O.V

I rushed after Heidi when she bolted for the exit, but I only caught up with her in the parking lot. The sun was scorching and pelting down on us, but I was unbothered by it. The blonde girl, who had tears streaming down her face, had all my attention.

She made it to her car and clambered into the backseat. I slipped in beside her, my body coming in contact with her convulsing one. She buried her face in her knees as she cried uncontrollably.

“You’re supposed to be at school.” She told me, her watering eyes finding mine and scolding me.

I felt bad immediately, not about missing school, but about seeing her like this. I was still trying to understand what happened. Miguel wasn’t the father, Carter was. Carter was the one that raped her, caused her all this pain and all this time he was getting away with it. When she was back, he was the first to be all up in her face, smiling at her and acting as if he was nice. As if he hadn’t stolen her right away and condemned her to a life of pain.

That fucking bastard!!!

My hands balled into a fit as I felt my anger rising. I knew I always hated that narcissistic goon for a reason.

“So, help me God, if I see carter, I’m going to punch him in the fucking face.”

I could feel my rage overpowering me and it was taking everything out of me to not go back to school and slam, Carter.

“Why aren’t you at school?” Heidi asked, her eyes scolding me.

I paused, my mind going blank as I stared back into her face. I couldn’t think about that right now when all I wanted was to be there for her.

“Don’t worry about that…”

“Your Mum is going to kill me.”

I shook my head. “Bubs, I’ll worry about her and I’ll do it later. Right now, I just want to know if you’re okay.”

Her lip trembled with her emotions as a fresh set of tears streamed from her eyes. I watched as she bit them, shaking her head slightly to answer my question.

“What do you need?”

She looked at me; her face creasing with confusion. “What?”

My hand found her face, cupping it gently as I stared back at her. “What do you need to get through this?”

Her lip trembled again, and her face contorted with pain. “I… I need my therapist.”

I nodded. “Okay, then I’ll get you your therapist. Do you need time? Do you want me to stay with you?”