Chapter 33

Chapter 33

I sat parked outside Dani’s house. My fingers shook in their grip around the steering wheel as I waited for her. I didn’t know why I was so nervous about seeing her suddenly.

It must be the newfound thrill that I…. Me… was her girlfriend now and she loves me! It made me smile every time I thought about it. She loves me.

I peered through the mirror to glance at Henry in the back seat. I smiled at him. He looked so handsome dressed in his little white suit with his hair all dolled up, looking like a proper gentleman. I was taking him on a “date” today. It was to be just the two of us. But he kept asking for Dani to be there, and she was more than happy to join.

I smiled as I turned to face him. “Hey, baby, you good?”

“Yeah.”

“Are you excited about our date?” I asked him with zeal. “You get your first date with Mummy!”

“Dani be there?”

I chewed my lip as I gazed at him; he looked so excited about wanting her to be there. “Yes, baby. We’re waiting for her. She’ll be here soon.”

He smiled sheepishly. “Dani, come now!”

He pointed out the window towards Dani’s house and I saw her coming down the pathway towards the car. She looked beautiful dressed in a black and white romper. It hugged her slim body nicely, emphasising all her curves.

My breath hitched as she opened the door and got in beside me, turning to me with a smile on her face. She looked pretty. Really pretty. No, she looked beautiful. Gorgeous.

“Hi,” she told me, making my heart flutter.

“Hi,” Henry replied, just as I was about to.

All eyes found him as both Dani and I broke into a laugh. He blushed at us, covering his face with his hands. He was so adorable, and he was mine.

Dani reached back to play with his excitement in her eyes. “Hi, Henry you look very handsome tonight.”

I watched him blush again through the rear-view mirror before I turned away to start the car. “He’s been on and on about you joining our date tonight. I hope you don’t mind.”

She raised a brow at me. “Date? Sounds fun.” She smiled at Henry again and tickled his side really quick. “Where are we going?”

“The Big Blue House!”

Henry’s response cracked me up. I think this is a sign that he’s having too much tv time. “Well, first,” I told Dani, “we’re going to the indoor playground. Then we’re going to McDonald’s.”

Dani lit up as much as Henry did about the amusement park. She turned to Henry again. “We’re going to the playground!”