chapter fourteen

Kyle didn't even say a word to me, he didn't even bother driving me to chemin inc. he left me to go alone, well two can play at this game, he wasn't the only person who was angry, maybe I should rub salt on his wounds.

So I called bruce to take me there and he quickly agreed, maybe I should hold his hand while we walk in, nah, I had to be professional.

If kyle wanted to be an asshole about something as trivial as this, then maybe I should teach him a lesson.

Bruce and I arrived at chemin inc, I didn't tell him about the incident, I just said I hadn't talked to kyle yet.
Luckily, we weren't late, but the look on kyle's face when he saw me walk in with bruce was priceless, I didn't even bother talking to him, I simply took my seat with a smile on my face.

It wasn't only kyle that had that look on his face, jason too.
I wonder why, I thought he had moved on already, a wife and a child.

The meeting was over before we knew it, and everything was settled, we could go back now, well, only kyle.

Jason walked up to me, said he needed to talk to me, urgently.
I rolled my eyes, but went anyway, I was curious.

I don't think I would get used to the beautiful view of the city from Jason's office.

"I heard you went on a date with bruce"he said

"That's none of your business, what do you want jason"

"Why are you doing this to me"he slammed his fist on his table and I flinched.
I quickly composed myself, I guess I was still a bit scared of him.

"Stay out of my personal life jason"I warned.

"You can't go on a date when you're still married to me" he walked up to me , breathing unevenly.

"Am not your wife anymore jason"

"Yes you are, legally"
I hated to admit it, but we never got divorced, I was do busy trying to get away, that I didn't think about it.

"Thanks for reminding me jason, I'll send you the divorce papers tomorrow"I hissed at him, he stepped back.

His expression softened and he just nodded.

Maybe I was being too mean to him, he had something to say but I didn't want to listen.

"Am a bad person eve, am toxic" he sat on his chair.

"I know"

"Am glad you left, who knows what you would have become"

"Wait.... Wait so you don't want me to come back to you"

"Of course I do.....but I know it won't work, I want you to be happy"

"I've met ben, he's lovely"I smiled.

"Am sorry about that too, I didn't know how to tell you"

"I forgive you"I said, I felt like a block had been lifted off my shoulder, I've kept myself in a cage all these years.

"You do"he looked like he had seen a ghost.

"For everything"

"I promise to sign the papers"he gave me a sad smile.

I stretched my hands out and he came in for hug.

"Thank you"he smiled as he let me go.

Now I was sure I needed the leave, I had a dream that I gave up on, but I just might have a chance to pull it off. And I wasn't doing this because of bruce, in fact I didn't see him in my future, I'll tell him that, so he didn't expect anything from me.

But I do need to talk to kyle, if anyone would help me achieve this, it was kyle.

I didn't expect to see kyle waiting for me, I thought he'd still be mad at me.

"Are you ready"he asked

"Am going to laura's place first"I didn't make eye contact, just walked past him and entered the car.

The ride was silent until he broke it.

"You can take the leave, stay in the suite as long as you want"he kept his eyes on the road, I could tell he meant what he said.

"It had nothing to do bruce"

"Really.....oh"he frowned, clearly confused about the situation.

"I just to rethink my choices, maybe start the bakery I always talked about" I looked out the window.

"I feel like an idiot" he mumbled, but I heard it.

"You are an idiot"

"True"he nodded and we both laughed.

"I've forgiven jason"I rubbed my hands together, the car was getting cold.

"That's great, how do you feel"

"Free, I also need him to sign divorce papers, he agreed" I didn't want anything from Jason, so there will be no financial settlement.

"I file it for you" he parked the car and I stepped down, he said to call him when I was ready to come back to the suite.

I watched as he drove off, smiling.

Me and Laura had a lot to talk about.