Chapter 8 || Confrontation

"Amelia!" Miss Evelyn called out for the thousandth time this evening.

It has been a whole week since I've seen Henry. At first I thought that he was avoiding me after what happened in his room but word was that he has been preparing his company that he inherited from his father. How I missed his family.

Anyways, today was Saturday and it was also Henry and Evelyn's engagement party. Henry has been sitting on the same spot next to Evelyn on the couch in the living room and watching my every move. It was nerving and the trays I carried nearly slid our of my hands because my palms were so sweaty.

"Could you be any slower?" Evelyn asked when I managed to make my way back to her and her cronies. "She wants some more lemonade." She stated, pointing at the girl opposite her.

"Coming right up." I nodded at the redhead and she scoffed.

"The service is quite slow tonight. Are you not used to parties?" The redhead asked and I nearly swore at her but Evelyn cut me off before one word could leave my lips.

"Did you know that she is also twenty one this year? She is at the age of marriage and yet, she doesn't have anyone." She laughed, causing her two cronies to laugh with her.

My blood was boiling and my grip on the empty tray tightened as I took a deep breath and chanted calming words go myself in my head.

"Who would want to marry her?" Evelyn smirked and I narrowed my eyes at her before taking a deep breath.

"Enough Evelyn." Henry suddenly barked, causing everyone's eyes to widen.

He noticed this. He saw how how they treated me. He saw how low I've become and the person I now was. I was ashamed, embarrassed and if was painful. I didn't want anyone from my past to see me like this and I never thought they would. Yet here he was, witnessing me at my worst. I was so embarrassed that I ran out of the living and straight into the empty kitchen. Where was Abigail when I needed her?

I stood in front of the sink and took a deep breath but stopped midway when a cold hand wrapped around my forearm. I didn't move. I couldn't move until I heard his voice.

"Amelia. Turn around." Henry demanded sternly, causing tingles to run through my veins.

I turned around slowly as I swallowed hard, my mouth was dry despite the glass of water I drank a few minutes ago. I kept my head low to the ground. Too ashamed to even meet his gaze. His hand caused my skin the burn and it was all I could focus on.

"Amelia." He said sternly. "Look at me." He demanded, his grip on my wrist tightening. "Please." He added softly.

"Henry." I breathed out as our eyes met.

I couldn't hold the tears that were fighting to come out any longer as I looked into his sparkling blue eyes. Tears were building up at the corners of his eyes as he visibly swallowed, his grip on my wrist tightening again. The tears were rolling down my cheeks as if it were thousands of ants in a race as I took in his features.

His lips were still as pouty and pinkish as it always were and we're slightly parted. His jawline was still as handsome as it always were and even his dark brown hair was styled exactly the same way. His few freckles were even more visible as he became paler, it must've been due to the cold weather here in Istanbul. His eyes though, it held the same I tensity it did. The same look that captivated me and lured me right back to him every single time we fought. He had the same look on his face as when I left him on the beach that day. A whimper escaped my lips.

"I..I..uh..I'm sorry." He managed to choke out as his gaze switched from my lips to my eyes.

"F..for what?" I asked, my voice shaky and out of breath.