31

will's pov during the party!

WILL SMILED AS THEIR glasses clinked against each other, Alex cheering to a good night. Being with his friends always felt like summer, even though winter was already starting to kiss the trees with frost. Seeing Ava and Alex talk together without fighting made him relieved as well, healing from heartbreak was never easy after all. They had come so far though, despite the bumps on the way. He just wished for them to be happy.

"You're thinking sweet things again, aren't you?"

His eyes were surprised as he looked at Mia, who was glancing at him over her glass of sparkling water. Though he had already told her she looked beautiful today, the words were back on his tongue again, but he swallowed them before he would blush. Her jet black hair was braided loosely, a few locks framing her face, white mask speckled with blue flowers the same color as her dress. She always made him feel at ease, even if he couldn't quite explain why.

"What makes you think so?" Will said.

"The look on your face," she said, glancing at him like she was mesmerized almost," you just radiate warmth."

"Perhaps I radiate warmth thinking about awful things," he said, a playful smile tugging at his lips," who knows?"

"Do you?" she said.

"No," he replied, before letting his gaze wander from Alex and Ava back to her," I just think you're all so amazing, I am glad to have you as my friends."

Alex threw an arm around Will's shoulder, a big grin on his face. "William, is this a love confession to me I am hearing? You know I'm usually hard to get, but for you I'll make an exception."

"When are you hard to get?" Ava said, raising an eyebrow.

"Touché," Alex laughed," but in my defense, I couldn't deny the world my charming personality, it would be a sin."

Ava chuckled, Alex downing the champagne glass in his hands and grabbing another one of a tray as a butler passed by.

"So," Alex said, turning his attention towards Mia," where is that fiancé of yours? If he tries to fight Will again I have to at least stay somewhat sober to back my boy up."

"We aren't going to fight, Alex," Will reassured him," so there's no need for Mia to worry."

"Okay good," Alex said, smirking as he raised his cup to his lips again," because I was lying, I don't need to be sober at all to take him down, but it will make me cause a scene."

"That's your fourth one," Ava said, tapping his wrist," I'm not telling you to slow down, but I'm not holding back your hair when you puke."

"You know, I've decided I can only enjoy the world through an alcoholic lens today," Alex said, taking a sip," anyway, what do I have to lose? I've already made an enemy today anyway, might as well make more." He placed a hand above his eyes, peering around the room. "Besides, public enemy number one already ran off with his girlfriend, so it's my turn to be the bitter man in this room now. It's a heavy role, but it's one I will carry with pride."

"Alex," Will said, a hand on his friend's back," if you want to talk to Elisabeth, it's best to do it now. I know you, waiting like this only will make you more frustrated."

For a moment Alex was silent, before downing his glass and nodding.

"Damn you, William," he said," if it was anyone else but you I could at least have protested and bullied the person. I guess you're right, I should." He grabbed two flutes from another butler then, smiling widely at them. "Doesn't mean I have to arrive sober though."