Seizing Control

AN: Some stuff that I've used in other stories appear here, mostly from my "Heroic Jester" book, and this is just my take on what would happen if Dimentio succeeded, so take all "information" with a grain of salt. 🧂

I would recommend reading my "Heroic Jester" book before reading this.

Dimentio may seem OOC at first, but it gets explained later. (Haha Beauty and the Beast trope go brrrrrrrrrr-)

This is also a Dimentio X Mr.L, enjoy.

------------------

Mario and Luigi stood in one of the final corridors they needed to pass, Tippi fluttering by their side. They were now back in the mirror hall after a chase through worlds.

"Enjoying my game of tag?"

Mario and Luigi both walked further into the room only to see Dimentio standing there with an evil grin plastered on his face.

"Hey! Stop messing around and fight us for real!" Luigi exclaimed.

Dimentio chuckled, causing shivers to run down everyone's spines.

"Messing around? Oh, no. Magic is no laughing matter. I am always deadly serious." Dimentio said with a laugh.

Dimentio took a deep breath before putting on a more grave expression.

"I have been watching you. You are the only ones who can stand up to Count Bleck." Dimentio stated.

Tippi's breath hitched. She knew by now that Count Bleck was an alias her lost love had taken on. She knew that they had to fight Count Bleck... But she still hoped to save Blumiere.

"So... I have a favor to ask." Dimentio started, "Will you help me... destroy the count?"

"What are you talking about?! You want to betray him?!" Luigi questioned.

Dimentio laughed again.

"Betray him? Ah ha ha ha. Oh, no. It is Count Bleck who has betrayed ME!" Dimentio exclaimed, "He said he would destroy all worlds and create a new, perfect world in their place. But he was lying! He plans to obliterate every world, and then keep them all in ruin."

Tippi shook her head in disbelief. She never thought that Count Bleck could be so cruel. Destroying all worlds and then remaking them was one thing, but keeping them in ruin and then lying to his minions? She never knew how cruel he could be. But deep down... She still thought that Blumiere must be in there.

"I have always known about his nefarious goal, but I could never hope to stop him on my own. I feigned loyalty to him as I searched for someone who could defeat him with me!" Dimentio stated.

Dimentio turned away from them, pressing his hand to his forehead in feigned distraught.

"Well, you see... That is why... I rescued the princess from certain brainwashing." Dimentio started, "It's also why I sent you to The Underwhere to fix the broken Pure Heart."

Dimentio scowled to himself.

"And why I freed a man to be reunited with his brother..." Dimentio muttered, "Now do you see?"

"You've..... Been helping us this entire time..?" Tippi questioned.

Dimentio turned back to face them, his smile turned back upward.

"Ahhh, you've got me pegged. Now, how about you return the favor?" Dimentio ventured, "I'll give you the power you need to crush Count Bleck... Just fight by my side!"

Mario bit his lip as he thought it over. Dimentio had to be one of the most powerful beings he has ever encountered, being able to kill HIM with a finger snap! He was offering enough power to defeat Count Bleck with ease...