Stone Cold Rejection

Mr.L quickly ran up to the door, slamming his shoulder into the barrier in an effort to open it. He grunted in pain and rubbed his arm, biting his lip to try and subdue the pain. The man in green pounded his fist on the door, tears in his eyes as he searched for a way back out.

"Dimentio! Come back! Please! Don't leave me again!" Mr.L cried, "How you look doesn't change how I feel! I want to care about you!"

Mr.L slammed his fist to the door and slid down in a heap of sorrow, openly crying out.

"Don't go without me, Dim..." Mr.L choked out.

He grit his teeth to stop his lip from quivering, shutting his eyes tight in a desperate attempt to stop himself from crying.

"W-who am I kidding..? He finally gave up on me... I-I don't even him blame him for it..." Mr.L muttered, "I haven't had anything to eat or drink for what's felt like weeks, I'll probably die any day now..!"

Mr.L curled up his legs to his chest in the dark room, his masked face buried into his knees. He wanted the dark to just swallow himself up, just like the Void did everything else.

"Mr.L? Mr.L! You're here!"

The man in green paused his sobbing and feeling sorry for himself and looked up from his legs to see what looked to be a glowing rainbow spec at first. Mr.L rubbed his eyes and when they came into focus he saw none other than Tippi fluttering in front of him.

"Oh, it's you." Mr.L spat, standing up to glare at her.

"Mr.L, I'm so glad you found me here!" Tippi exclaimed, her voice back to the chipper tone it once was before the Void, "You won't believe this!"

"What now?! In case you couldn't tell, I'M NOT PUTTING UP WITH ANY MORE OF YOUR CRAP. You can whine and cry about your boyfriend Blumiere all you want, but I am NOT going to KILL DIMENTIO!!!" Mr.L yelled at her, "And I'm not even going to let you NEAR him for your next attempt!"

Tippi quickly shook her head, smiling at Mr.L.

"No, no! Trust me, I had it all wrong! What I tried was terrible, but you need to see this room!" Tippi told him.

She quickly flitted off to Mr.L's left side, searching the wall there for a light switch.

"Come on, it was here a moment ago... Ah-ha!" Tippi exclaimed.

The butterfly Pixl flipped the little switch, illuminating the room. Mr.L shielded his eyes from the sudden change in brightness, slowly lowering his hands to look at the contents Tippi spoke of. Mr.L gawked as he looked around, hardly able to believe that what he was seeing was actually there.

The room was quite large, like a one-roomed library combined with an office of sorts. He could see all of the other Pixls. Boomer, Slim, Cudge, Thudley, all of them were there and looked to be in happy spirits.

The entire left wall was lined with bookshelves, spell books of every kind from healing magic to black magic. There was a desk with a few stacks of paper, every page having something written on it. Several small mirrors that looked to be the same kind as the ones in the mirror hall lined above the bookshelves, all of them dated.

This was the least shocking part, the right side and back of the room almost made Mr.L faint.

Along the backside of the room, Mr.L could see eight stone hearts, all of them on pillars. Mr.L quickly recognized them and realized that these were the eight Pure Hearts. He remembered finding the purple Pure Heart turned to stone like this when he went to the Sammer Kingdom.

But what shocked him the most, lined along the right side of the room were stone statues that all shared a likeness to everyone Mr.L had ever known. There was Nastasia frozen in an unconscious state on the ground, Mimi and O'Chunks huddled together, and even Count Bleck, who looked to be staring off into the distance in fear.