Chapter 4: Confusion

I sat at the roof for what felt like hours. The wind was strong and cold like ice. I had completely forgotten that I was only wearing my pj's which was an oversized gray t-shirt and black shorts with gray spots on.

The men had by now searched the whole house but found nothing. I had heard the frustration in their voices as they realized I was gone.

I heard a car leave the driveway but chose to stay on the roof for about 10 more minutes just to make sure.

I slowly walked down the stairs to make sure everyone was gone. I sit at the dining table, burying my head in my arms lying there until my mom arrives.

Time skip until mom arrives 20 minutes later-

I shoot my head up as I hear the door swing open and my mom come running through the door.

 "Aria i'm so relieved that you're okay" She cries out with tears flowing from her eyes.

"Mom, you need to tell me right now, what's going on?!" I ask with tears in my eyes ready to fall any second.

"Yes i will tell you everything i know but i want you to promise me one thing, just please understand that i didn't know anything before ether but, just found out this morning" I nodded while she looked down

"No matter what i say, i want you to promise me that... you will still see me as you have always done" I look at her, now more confused than before.

"W-what d-do you m-mean?" i say almost whispering.

"October 3... the day you were born, I never had..." now tears streaming down her eyes as a waterfall and her mouth forming a line.

"Mom, please just tell me," I pleaded.

"I never had... twins," She finally said.

"W-what? what do you mean i don't understand!" I say as I feel my eyes widen in shock.

"I only had one son, Sebastian is the only one I gave birth to" She says, still looking down and tears falling on the floor. I feel the tears in my eyes now rolling down one after another.

"N-no i-it c-can't b-be" I stutter as my lower lip won't stop shivering.

"I don't know the details but you were apparently switched from someone else and brought into my care as I was unconscious during my pregnancy. 'But why?' I thought as my heart was breaking into a million pieces.

"How do you know all this, how do you know it's true?!" I scream at her as my voice breaks.

"Because your biological family contacted me, they told me everything. Apparently they had searched for answers for years and when they finally found them they started looking for you everywhere!" She screamed back with a shaky voice filled with sorrow.

"But it gets worse because they aren't ordinary people but one of the most powerful and dangerous mafia groups in the whole world... I don't think we'll be able to sort this all out with some ordinary court and judge" She cries looking me in the eyes.

My eyes were practically about to pop out of it's eye sockets with my jaw open to the floors.

"W-what about d-dad and S-sebastian?" I said releasing their pain as well.

"They know, I told them on my way here, your father is picking up Sebastian and coming here to discuss a solution. There just has to be a way, I refuse to let them have you" She says with determined yet tear full eyes