A Bun In The Oven

Marinette and Adrien Agreste have been happily married for two years.

They defeated Hawkmoth and got married the same year. Finally the danger was gone and life was… Well, it was as normal as it could be for two ex-superheroes.

It was Adrien’s birthday, and that’s where our story begins.

Adrien woke up to find his wife’s side of the bed empty, her scent still lingering on the mattress. The bathroom door opened to reveal his other half with a towel wrapped around her head. “Morning, Chaton,” she smiled, leaning against the frame of the door.

“You woke up before me?” He gasped dramatically and glanced around, “What’s wrong?” he joked. “Nothing,” she walked over to the bed, “Happy birthday, Adrien,” she said before giving him a kiss.

“So what do you want to do today, birthday boy?” Marinette asked when they broke apart. “Spend the day watching movies and eating snacks with you,” Adrien answered.

“Sounds like a plan. How about I go and make some chocolate chip pancakes while you go take a shower,” she said, unwrapping the towel from her head, her wet hair falling on her shoulders.

“Works for me,” Adrien said, getting out of bed and heading towards the bathroom to proceed with his daily cleaning habits.

First part of her plan was completed.

She quickly finished getting ready before going downstairs and starting breakfast for her husband.

She didn’t hear Adrien coming downstairs and come up from behind her. He hugged her waist and started to kiss her neck, travelling down to her collarbone.

“I like this,” Marinette smiled. She could feel Adrien smirk as he kissed her. “I like this too.”

“Can you help me really quick?” she asked, stopping Adrien’s ministrations.

“Sure. What do you need?” Adrien asked.

“Can you get two things for me? They’re in the oven,” Marinette said, using her finger to wipe up the batter that was on the side of the bowl. 

She heard the oven door creak open. “There's only a bun in the oven.” She waited for him to comprehend what he just said.

“Did you hear me? There’s only a…” It clicked. She turned around, a small smile playing on her lips.

He noticed the little action. He stared at her, wide-eyed. “Does this mean what I think it means? Are you… pregnant?” he asked. Her smile widened as she nodded her head.

“We’re gonna be parents?” His voice was light and his smile was big. “Yeah,” she smiled, tears of joy falling down her cheeks.

He lifted her up in the air. “We’re going to be parents!” He smiled, putting her down and kissing her belly. She gently rubbed her head.

All of a sudden, she felt her shirt getting wet and she realized that her significant other was crying.

“Adrien?”

“I’m going to be a dad,” he gently whispered again. “A father.”

It was then when his words clicked.

“You’re going to be a great father. You’re already a great partner and husband and friend and not to mention human. Our child will love you,” Marinette said. “Can you tell me?” he asked.

“Tell you what, Chaton?”

“If I ever act like my father,” he said, hugging her tighter.

She wanted to tell him that he would never deprive his child of attention. He would never let the child crave for a very special type of love. But in this moment, she knew that her words would mean nothing.

“I will,” Marinette promised, helping him up. “Chaton, we’re going to be parents! To a little boy or girl!” she exclaimed. Adrien hugged her once again before giving her another kiss.

“Thank you for the greatest gift of all,” Adrien said.

“I haven’t even given you your gift yet,” Marinette said, wrapping her arms around his neck.

“You’re giving me a family. That’s all I could ever ask for,” he said.

He gave a kiss which was interrupted by her stomach growling.

“Should we finish breakfast, mon amour?” Adrien asked  their unborn child.

“We say yes,” Marinette joked, turning back to the batter.

“We are going to talk about how you turned the pregnancy reveal into a pun, right?”

It was safe to say that if there was one thing Adrien Agreste was sure of, it was this was one birthday he would never forget.