Visit Nine

Reason: Check up

Symptoms: None

Time in: 10:00 am November 1st, 2014

The CD felt silly in her hands, it looked silly. Childish. Maybe Shuhua should have wrapped it, but then it would have come off like a gift. Something she put thought into. What would Soojin think if she believed Shuhua truly cared about her opinion?

On the cover of the CD Shuhua had her hands on her hips, a cutesy smile on her face. She looked more like a little kid than a super idol; her hair in high twintails. So in contrast, Shuhua wore her hair down to the appointment, not that she cared what Soojin thought of how she looked.

But, okay, she did kind of care. She wouldn't be such a success if she didn't care about what others thought from time to time. So even though Soojin was rude and stubborn, it still mattered to Shuhua.

She played with her hair while waiting for Soojin, making sure it wasn't too frizzy or anything. The CD was unwrapped, she had to ask Minnie for it a few weeks ago since she usually only kept one copy of everything for herself. Well, one of each variant (okay, two). Minnie was always sent extra stuff, anyways.

Shuhua had only mentioned it was for a new friend, to which Minnie annoyingly prodded her. But Shuhua couldn't mention Soojin, her doctor. That would sound weird, even though it wasn't really weird at all. So, Shuhua had to convince Minnie that it was only for a friend. In the end Shuhua didn't think Minnie fully bought it, not that there was anything to buy. Soojin wasn't her friend in the first place.

Shuhua stiffened when the door opened, then took in a deep breath and stood. She wasn't going to panic about this because there was nothing to panic about. She walked over to Soojin, who watched her with widened eyes.

"Here," Shuhua said, shoving the CD towards her. "Now you don't have an excuse, you have to listen to my music."

Soojin looked down at the CD, opened her mouth but only let out a small hum of confusion. "I--uh, thank you," she said, looking back up. Her cheeks looked kind of flushed, but other than that she seemed fine.

"It's no big deal," Shuhua said, waving her hand off. "I mean, I have lots of them at home anyways,I just grabbed it on my way out. It's not like I--"

"Thank you, Shuhua. Really," Soojin said again. She smiled, and Shuhua stopped breathing for just a moment. It felt like she was hit in the chest or something. She could feel the moisture on her palms.

"Well, it's the greatest hits. I made sure to get it because it has, uh," Shuhua couldn't really say best work, but maybe most popular work?

Soojin smirked, then said, "Your greatest hits."

Shuhua rolled her eyes, turning around to sit on the exam table. Smart ass.

"But I guess this means I have to listen to it now," Soojin sighed.

"Yah! This was a favor! No one can resist the charms of super idol-"

"If you say it I'll throw this away. Or; I'll give it to Yuju ." Soojin pretended to think about it, or at least, it looked like pretending.

Shuhua scowled back. "Nice try, but Yuju already owns it. I signed it for her last week."

Soojin held her stethoscope out, placing it on Shuhua's chest. "Yeah, yeah, breathe in." Soojin listened intently, tilted her head to the side. Her hair came to curl around thin cheeks, brushing against her neck. "I really wish we could get this heartbeat thing under control. Your pulse is always fast; by any chance, are you doing any physical activity before these appointments?"

Shuhua swallowed in. "Uh--yeah. So much working out. It's hard being me, you know. Always have to keep in shape!" That was a lie. This morning she hadn't done anything physical besides pace her apartment a little bit, and after that she'd eaten three donuts.

Soojin nodded, then pulled away. "Anything out of the ordinary?"

Shuhua shook her head no. Although, she was a little less energetic than normal while on her period. But that was the case for most people, probably.

Soojin walked towards her with the thermometer, stuck it under Shuhua's tongue. "Temperature is okay - but we're going to need to do blood work on the next visit."

Shuhua blanched at the thought. "But why? If everything is okay?"

Soojin rolled her eyes. "Don't be a baby. And we don't know if everything is okay just because everything seems okay."

"I think you just like hurting me," she said, pouting with her arms folded over. And then, her jaw dropped because instead of answering, Soojin just winked. Winked. And Shuhua was reminded of how annoyingly attractive Soojin was, and how annoying she was in general, and oh boy. What was Shuhua getting herself into?