CHASE - 027

BONNIE
ALVAREZ

My stomach rumbled again in hunger and my period was making me a whole lot dizzier.

"We need to get rid of my phone and get some things," Maddox said as he lifted off his shirt due to the heat of San Diego, "your stomach sounds will give me an ear infection." He mocked and recieved a punch in the chest for that by an angry, hormonal girl also known as me.

Maddox seemed amused by all of this, breaking Charlie's chain was only exciting for him. As for me, I knew that Charlie wouldn't let this go, he was far smarter than that and I thought about what he planned for me and Maddox.

He cracked his phone by stomping on it and he crouched down after the damage has been done to inspect the cracked pieces.

"What the hell are you doing?" I asked agitatedly, "it's just a broken phone, there is nothing now let's go bring food." I snapped.

"Jeez, woman, slow down." He replied as his finger held the mini tracking piece, "for a girl who likes to break bones, I'm surprised that you aren't genius as I am." He smirked as he cracked the chip in half.

"You were expecting a tracking chip yet you didn't tell me about it," I said while crossing my arms together, "what if they catch us now or they are trailing us or worse, I don't-" I was interrupted by Maddox kissing me furiously.

He wrapped his arms around me and placed my back on the wall of the old supermarket in front of the petrol station. I was blown away by how much he knew how to kiss women.

Maddox's lips were softer on mine but had a little pressure while kissing me deeper, I froze and I didn't like that he used this all-time-bad-boy technique so I pushed him away and wiped my lips.

"What in the world was that?" I screamed and he chuckled, brushing his hair aside.

"I guess you know my technique of shutting you up now so if you don't shut up next time, I will kiss you again." He threatened jokingly and the tingles felt so real on my lips.

We got inside to the supermarket and my eyes were going all dollar signs on the ice cream section. Maddox saw me drooling and nudged me by the side as he got us two chocolate chip ice cream cups along with other stuff like clothes that were in the cheap selling baskets filled with shirts and pants with shoes.

I almost laughed when Maddox looked at the shirt that had a camel on it in disgust, he was used to wearing brands all the time even when he fought with men.

I could hear the approach of cars behind the supermarket so we ran to our car in front of the supermarket and Maddox drove before I could put my seatbelt on.

Flashes on the day where Victoria Vincent found me returned back to me and my eyes got damp with tears at the thoughts of my brothers and my mom, I wasn't fazed by the way Maddox drove like a mad man or the cars that were behind us. The state of depression got back to me and I found myself shutting off the world.

My hand was on the unlock of my door and Maddox glimpsed at me as his eyes averted to my hand, he knew what was I about to do.

"Listen to me, Bonnie, if you do that-" He was interrupted by the sound of the unlock and he quickly swerved into a crowded highway just to try to save me from my insane idea.

"There's no reason to live anymore, I got my revenge." I murmured and Maddox gripped the steering wheel.

"Listen, your revenge isn't done, look what they did to your brothers and your mom." He reminded me and I shook my head trying to tune him out but he continued.

"Bonnie, don't do this to yourself." He rushed as he hid the car in front of the truck expertly to confuse the two cars behind us.

"But I can't live like this, I want out." I stressed out again and he felt that as he turned the steering wheel to the right making an exit without them noticing, it got all the cars honking in fury nonetheless.

He slowed down the car and stopped it to the side.

"Stop this attitude, I don't know what the fuck got into your head but you need to calm down or I will spank the shit out of you, you are stronger than this and you being a badass is so fucking sexy." He placed both hands on my shoulders as he stared into my eyes.

"What about you? you try to hide the little innocent boy that got daddy and mommy issues but where are they now?" I taunted and his eyes glared at mine.

I was meant to destroy, not live and love.

"Don't even try to compare your life with mine, don't ever try that on me." His glare sent shivers down my spine, at least I was able to feel something. "So enough of this sob story, let's get going." He cheered up and I was confused at how quickly he changed his behavior.

I guess I wasn't the only demented girl.

My hands fidgeted as Maddox kept whistling along the way, I was suddenly reminded with a question.

"How did you get the key without Charlie's men finding you?" I inquired after the awkward silence passed through.

"Easy, I hired girls to seduce the men inside and got digging for a whole hour, turns out the key was literally beside your skeleton brother's feet." He answered and I cringed at the vision in my head but missed my brothers at the same time.

"Now my turn to ask, how did you know where was the key?" He asked.

I looked out the window.

"I saw dad taking it there." I answered.