SCARRED - 017

BONNIE
ALVAREZ

It was the way she smiled at me as she ran towards me like she was the happiest girl in the world.

She wrapped my hand with hers like she was confident that our tie was never going to disappear. Claire de lune was playing in the background as her smile got wider and the wrinkles next to her eyes showed true glory, the sun hit her face as she continued her mesmerizing gaze at me.

It was me holding the hands of the other version of myself. She told me she loved me like I loved her from the inside. Then, in an ever-slow motion, she touched my hair as her soft fingers hummed to the tunes of my hair while I was laying in tears.

My own self told me she loved me while looking happily into my eyes. A little girl ran to her side as my own version turned her head to look at the blonde little girl with gleaming blue eyes. She looked a lot like us.

I woke up with tear-strucked eyes and helpless hands that were tucked under my old torn blanket.

I never cried so much until now because I just, for once, had a very beautiful dream about my future self.

You are never going to have this, you have been raped. My harsh anxiety reminded me as I stared at my chipped ceiling.

"Good morning, my child," Veronica smiled once she greeted me, I didn't notice her at all. "Breakfast is ready, I have to talk to you." She stated and I nodded as I got out of bed.

My thoughts turned to that rude guy from school as it started to spazz with assumptions regarding how he stalked me to know about me.

Why would he care so much?

It may be that he has suspicions about me or maybe there was just a small common relation between us, maybe something in his life has been tied to Veronica's case.

One thing was for sure, I needed to know if Veronica would hide the already heard truth.

I sat down on the kitchen chair as she began to place the musty food on the table and I took in her appearance since we didn't speak at all yesterday when I got back.

"What is it?" I asked her once she finished placing the food and crossed her arms.

"I saw you," she speculated my reaction and to her surprise, I had none on my face. She neared me across the table, "what were you doing in my business?" I decided not to tell her what I found out so I just shrugged.

"I guess I was curious," I smirked as my evil side pinched me and I didn't want to pity myself anymore. "You weren't very honest either Veronica."

She chuckled as she laid her back against the kitchen chair.

"Do you think that you are smart?" She snapped, "you know that I could just turn you in to the police." she added with a raised eyebrow, willing to challenge me. So, I guess she wouldn't tell me more of the truth.

Fortunately for her, Maddox was more important because he had more of a clarification for me so I stood up and just stormed off because I could tell that there was some sort of a stronger connection to the Maddox than Veronica.

I arrived after the bus stopped at the parking lot and I adjusted my pale gray shirt, I didn't know why I had the urge to dress up better.

Maddox leaned against the entrance of the school, styled in a black shirt and tight jeans with a jacket tied around his neck.

"Slept well, sugar?" he whispered in my ear when I wanted to go in. He put his arm as a barrier in front of me.

"Not here," I whispered harshly as I gripped the collar of his shirt, "when I tell you to get out of class, you come with me, understood?" I demanded harshly and he nodded with amused eyes.

"Aye Aye, ma'am." he saluted as he walked off to the first class. I was in a bad mood today, everyone was hiding secrets from me and today was the end.

In the first class, Maddox sat by me and I was caked with everyone's sharp gazes towards me, mostly from the female groups and he made it even worse when he casually placed his hand on my thigh.

With clenched jaw, I dug my nails into his hand and he didn't seem to care as he pretended to not notice. Damn, even his hand had a roughness to it.

I raised my hand to excuse myself to the bathroom after giving him 'the look' and I waited near the bathroom for him.

Prince Charming strode towards me whistling and came to a stop in front of me.

"I am really beginning to like that attitude if yours," he commented as his eyes darkened when coming to contact with mine, "it's better than your pitiful act." he added hotly.

"I don't care, just tell me right now." I ordered and he raised his hands up.

"Well, you see, I have a very serious case with that man you saw with Victoria," he answered with a low voice, "he is helping your dad that is held hostage." he finalized, leaving me in shock.

"How come? he's still locked up from a bar crime he comitted, how do you know he's my dad?" I stuttered during my questioning as Maddox calmly just stood there, I didn't know how he does that all the time while I was the one who turned angry in a second.

"Because, honey, he's with us," I couldn't breathe as he gazed deep in my eyes and finished his answer, "and you will not find him or take him from our hands and our case so I suggest you back off."