EPILOGUE

MADDOX
JAMES

After One year

"I have a confession to make," I stated to Bonnie who was busy fixing her dress for Victoria's son's birthday party, "that dress could make a nun go wild," I insulted her choice which resulted in her giving me a cute glare.

I laughed at her reaction as my arms wrapped around her waist in front of our mirror, "just kidding, you look okay for a kid's party," I teased when I gazed at her creamy long dress that had full sleeves.

Bonnie made up with Victoria, time healed the pent up trouble they had and she accepted to live with her, she mostly stayed over in my newly bought small mansion that had a pool and a bar which was my style. The kid, Victoria's son whom I couldn't ever remember his name, got closer to Bonnie and Bonnie liked the kid back.

"It looks good," she defended as she placed her hands on top of my arms as she smiled warmly at the image of us in the mirror, "and you have to dress better for our upcoming engagement," she insulted back and I bit her earlobe in exchange, she squeaked and pushed her head away because I knew she got ticklish there.

It was time for the party so I held her hand when she was done fixing her natural blonde hair, she was done being a Klementine with the brunette hair. After one whole year of getting her therapy sessions done and going back to her therapeutic new hobbies which was painting, she was a new person with a chance to life.

As for me, I had to admit that I was a bad boy virginized to a good old sappy guy for Bonnie. I liked my new title if it meant having her with me.

I had my all black casual look; I could never go wrong with my black jeans and my black plain shirt. Bonnie closed the door of the mansion with the spare key I gave her and I took a glance at the promise ring I gave her a week before.

We really had no family whatsoever. All we knew was Victoria and her son. Bonnie was still in touch with Johnny Wilde, the guy with the nose that I broke and for the life of me, I didn't know how she got a hold of his number.

She was a good detective, she probably used Victoria's step brother's info to get his number. Not that I was jealous but real men liked to mark their territories often.

The party had all kinds of zoo balloons and wild jungles, the kind of boring party theme, why did I have to go? because Bonnie thought it was a good idea to learn about what kids liked.

We greeted Victoria who was the queen of the jungle with a zebra striped dress and a jungle designed crown, Mcdonalds meals distributed to kids but I snuck a fry or two from the happy meal boxes when we sat down.

"How about we go to an adventure in my house?" I suggested to Bonnie and a few of the old ladies overheard as they raised their eyebrows at me making Bonnie blush profusely.

"Maddox, shut up and enjoy the party," she whispered and I fake pouted before eating a bunch of fries in boredom at the clown show they had.

"You're right, let's get out of here," Bonnie said after half an hour of kids blowing balloons, she hugged Callum whose name I finally remembered and gave him the gift before we went outside.

I held her up on my shoulder as I ran off to the sound of her laughing.

•••

I hated suits. Those things were too complicated as I tried to adjust the stupid tie that ended up being thrown on the floor.

Victoria to the rescue for the past thousands time, she sensed my desperation and decided to fix my black thin tie.

"So, tying in the knot?" she asked.

"Yes, unfortunately for you," I flicked her nose and she pushed my hand away from her face as she chuckled.

"Even if I had to swing this way, I wouldn't go for you," she said confidently as she got done with my tie.

"I wouldn't want you to go for me, happily tied to Bonnie," I proudly showed off my ring box that had the engagement rings and she rolled her eyes at me.

"For a guy that claims to be all bad and happily with other women, this is an improvement." She complimented and I happily took it.

Our real engagement was done by the amazing Danny and Jake that came all the way from their trip to attend our engagement party.

We decided nothing too big, we chose the hill that overlooked the entire place to the night that we were in the car and she choked me when she wanted to know what I hid from her.

Only this time, it looked beautiful with lilies and a small stage set with a couple of white chairs that had red ribbons on them.

I sighed as I looked at myself in a tux but then decided not to look any longer grumbling on how a tux didn't look good for me.

I snuck a peak at my gorgeous soon-to-be fiancée through the semi opened door only to be shooed away by her friends from therapy.

When the time finally came, the memories came all rushing back, the hate I used to have and that I gave, the internal battles, the betrayals, the adventures that had Bonnie with me, the crazy rides and the ups and downs between me and her along this year.

I knew so much about Bonnie. I knew that she used to be so full of life and I was glad that she was able to get back into her life after her sessions were done and she got awarded for completing the year.

As "all of me" by John Legend came in the piano version, it was the cue for Bonnie to join me as her friends shed tears at how stunning she looked. There she was, the angel that saved me from my past, dressed in a light blue backless dress with sparkles on the sides of her waist and light pink florals covered the middle of her dress with a simple, elegant baby blue crown that perfectly complimented her blonde hair.

"Now that's what a nun wouldn't go wild for," I whispered as she giggled, her aqua eyes shone as she looked at me and I was a proud guy for making her happy.

"I love you, Maddox," she told me and the same rush flowed over me at her words for over a year now.

"I love you too, spunk."