TUNNEL ESCAPE-034

BONNIE
ALVAREZ

If anyone asked me what I would be doing forward in life, I would never have told them that I was with a demented guy that had the answers to my family's tragedy escaping through a filthy tunnel.

It was almost as if I was in one of my hallucinations.

Maddox was a gentleman when he let me in first before him, I almost gagged at the smell when I reached in the tunnel, thankfully, the hotel tunnel was wide enough for me to breathe. At least Maddox paid for something useful in his life.

"Just wiggle your ass a bit, I am a huge man for God's sake," he whined at me and I rolled my eyes at his attitude before going on with my legs to push myself forward, "you need to go to the right now." He instructed and I did what I was told.

I couldn't wait to get out of that dark old tunnel.

My hair stuck to my forehead as I made my way to the right, Maddox breathing heavily behind me when he shuffled along.

"Where do I go now?" I asked him, my eyes assessed the two sides of the tunnel, one side had the loud sounds of washing machines meaning that it was a hotel laundry room.

"To the left," he answered as he gave the back of my knee a smack and I glared at him from behind, his devilish smirk was what I got in return.

I went to the left and saw through the striped hole, I was relieved to see it was the hidden back door of the hotel.

"How do we go down?" I inquired as I pushed my hair back, my bun completely ruined from the heat. I was out of breath and Maddox was too, it was an intense workout.

"I planned it all out with the security, he will be arriving anytime soon," Sure enough, a burly man came out of the back door to place a...mini trampoline.

"Really? they couldn't bring a ladder? it's not that high." I nagged and Maddox urged me to go with it, the security signalled for me to take ahold of the striped hole to go down and I do as my fingers tighten on the striped hole making it fall down so we could get out. The security caught it and I placed my legs out first before falling down to the trampoline.

That was fun but I had to be quicker to get out of the trampoline to not be squished into the trampoline due to Maddox's excitement for trampolines.

"That was refreshing, thanks mate." He fist-bumped the security guard who showed us the way to the hidden exit and gave him a bag of our things.

We walked together but the need for Maddox to hold my hand while we were walking got me confused but I didn't mind it so much when he intertwined his fingers with mine holding the other bag.

Maybe he was making sure that I wouldn't run off.

Summer in Berlin was exquisite, I knew this place all too well; we used to come here every summer to a place called Müggelsee beach bar where it had a river right beside it as we all danced to the rythm of the river with our favorite pineapple mojitos.

As we passed the place by taxi, I had a feeling that Charlie was somewhere near us, that or I was feeling paranoid as I looked behind me. Maddox had already told the taxi about the location of the hidden treasure. The key and all the mission's necessities were in the bag.

I gazed at Maddox's side profile as his face was looking out the window, the golden hue on his nose down to his lips that also made his eyes sparkle in the daylight and the sun hits the open space between the collar of his shirt down to his rippled chest in between the buttons. Once my eyes went up to his, I turned my head when he caught me with a blush that tinted my cheeks.

I can't believe I ogled the prick. I scolded myself as if his ego wasn't big enough, now it got even bigger.

As the taxi halted to a stop, we quickly got to action, I grabbed the bag from the trunk and Maddox paid the driver, we almost ran to Bradenburg Gate but Maddox had to grab my arm and hide me behind the gate when three sleek BMW's arrived, Charlie didn't see us when his men arrived and kept Maddox's mother, my dad and Violetta on his side as hostages while his agents began to inspect the gate.

"Fucking Charlie can't stop with the surprise," Maddox cursed under his breath and he turned me around to face him. He opened the bag beside us and grabbed a hoodie quickly putting it on to cover his hair and he hid the side of my face with his sleeves as he got me closer to his chest and lowered his head. His lips went closer to mine and he kissed me while hiding my face with my hair tilting my neck to the left, his bag leaning on the gate when the agent walked right beside us.

The kiss deepened and I was almost sure that he liked it as he went for more making my lips fuller by the minute.

The two agents that came to our side stopped to look at us for the moment then continued on the search since we probably looked like a hormonal teenagers to them.

"Oops, got carried away," he whispered against my lips.

"Don't do that again, you could have just settled with a hug to cover for me," I ranted and he chuckled.

"I like to put on a show," he suggestively winked as he licked his lower lip, his eyes filled with amusement and I awkwardly looked away.

"Let's get inside." I said once Charlie and his men went to the other side of the gate, we had to be faster than them.

Luckily, they didn't have the key like we did.