Chapter Fourteen

<><><><><><><>

Dedication: xDemonsFlowerx for the awesome cover on the side - thank you! It lookes awesome. :) <3

<><>><><><><><>

"What the hell are you doing!?" Imogen groaned, peeping out from underneath the covers of her bed. Currently, it was about an hour earlier then I usually get up. Almost cheerily, I sprang to my feet, grinning like a Cheshire cat. "It's only six!"

"I'm just so excited for another day of school!" I sang out, my voice high-pitched. I threw my hair over my shoulder and battered my eyelashes, feeling like an absolute twit.

She was silent as she blinked at me for a few moments. She was propped up on her elbows, and her flame of blonde hair was like a big pom pom, trailing down the mattress and off the bed, completely.

"You're scaring me."

I rolled my eyes, dropping the 'happy' facade. It was too hard to keep forcing to act like that, when in fact I was feeling the exact opposite. All week, Colin had been dodging me. He had skipped every single English class we've had and if I see him down the hall or at lunch, he won't look me in the eye and conveniently goes the opposite direction.

So today, I'm dolling myself up. I was going to dress like the old Hayley Larson. I snapped my alarm off, the excessive beeping was like a sledge hammer inside my brain, just whacking away non-stop. The sound instantly died and the room was replaced with an eerie silence.

"I'm just getting ready early. Go back to sleep."

"No need to tell me twice," she muttered, dragging her pillow over her face and cocooning herself further into her sheets. I took a moment to silently laugh at her, as she looked like a Mummy from some horror movie.

I turned and went to the bathroom, letting myself have a nice, long, hot shower. The warm water, running down my muscles felt amazing. The water tumbled down my back, unknotting all the clots that had formed in my muscles, during my coma. Taking a deep, I inhaled the steam as it inflated my lungs. I let out a puff, my hot breath hitting the window. To be the immature being that I am, I began to draw some explicit pictures on the shower wall, that would be used for Imogen's entertainment when she enters later on.

I couldn't help laugh at my work of art. She was going to love me for that. I switched the water off and stepped out of the cubicle. I towelled off quickly, before I grabbed my uniform. I slid the mini skirt up my legs and hitched it onto my hips. I yanked my polo shirt over my head so that it settled neatly onto my body. I pulled the skirt up a little, so it showed off my legs more. I then began applying my makeup. I kept the foundation light. I added eyeliner, mascara and a little bit of blush on my cheek bones, to make my face look a little more angular. After smearing a fresh coat of gloss across my lips, I began working on my hair. I left the top half natural and curled the bottom, so that it cascaded in ripples down my back and rested on the edge of my elbows. I began spraying myself with my strong perfume, knowing I smelled pretty damn good. I glanced in the mirror, smiling smugly. I almost missed feeling confident about my appearance. Key word: Almost.

I emerged from the bathroom, just as Imogen was dragging her feet around, looking like a half flesh-eaten Zombie. She paused, gawking at me for a moment.

"Dressing to impress?"

"That is the plan." I said.

"I'd do you if I was a guy."

I snorted. "Thanks Imogen. That's comforting."

She brushed past me and locked herself away in the bathroom. It didn't take long before I heard her burst out laughing, making it evident that she had found the little... message I left her. I collapsed down onto my bed, smirking.