Chapter Sixteen

<><><><><><>

Dedication: Chenier_Seaton for the amazing trailer on the side - check it out! And also thank you to JustDreamm for the awesome banner! :) <3

<><><><><><>

After what felt like an eon, but technically a week, I was finally released from isolation. Also known as the white room of death. I couldn't help smile as I took a step out from the room and knowing that this time, I wouldn't be returning.

Well, hopefully not any time soon.

Turns out, Andrew's, the Guard I "assaulted", leg hadn't broken, which was good for me, so instead of a month in isolation, I only endured a week. And that was plenty enough for me to not want to go back.

My knuckles weren't wrapped anymore, so I could physically move my hands now. There were still splodges of bruises scattered across them, but nothing to what they were. My left wrist was still bandaged, due to me having torn some ligaments, but it would heal, eventually.

All I wanted to do, was return to my dorm, scrub my body clean and go do something fun. Well, all I really wanted to do was go see Colin, but I didn't want to admit that to even myself. My body wanted him and what he had to offer, but my mind firmly said no. I sighed as I began my trek back across the hall and to my room. I couldn't help notice all the whispers that erupted through anyone who saw me. Oh yes, I beat up some guards, treat me like I'm God.

I began mounting the stairs towards my hall, when they began wobbling and swaying to one side. Okay, so apparently I woke up in Hogwarts this morning. I sighed in frustration and clung to the railings.

"You right, Hales?" A voice asked me behind me.

I swivelled my head around and met Jeremy's dark, brown eyes. He was smiling, his soft lips curved upwards, showing off his dazzling, white teeth. I took a second to drink in his features. His golden tan and beach, blond hair contrasted perfectly together.

I then realised, I had been gawking. "What? Oh - yeah. I'm fine."

"So, what was it like?" he asked, shooting his arm out to steady me. His hand was placed on the small of my back, as he guided me up the stairs, very gentlemen-like. I smirked, impressed by his formalness.

"Isolation?"

"Yeah. I've been threatened to be sent there, but never actually managed to make it."

"It was ever so exciting." I said blandly, rolling my tongue across my teeth. "I wish I could go back there!"

He smirked. "On a scale from one to ten, ten being the worst, what do you rate it on?"

"Eleven." I replied back without hesitation.

The stairs came to an end and we began walking on sure ground again, this time without the moving side to side.

"I'm going to get some food, I'll catch up with you later." Jeremy said with a smile.

I gave him a wave as I continued to wander toward my dorm. I wrenched the door open, wanting noting more than to spend some much needed time with the shower. I blinked for a couple of moments, trying to process what I was actually seeing.

Imogen was throwing a party. Of course.

"WHAT'S UP SHAWSHANK!" Imogen yelled out, effectively gaining everyone's attention and sounding scarily alike 'Fat Amy' from Pitch Perfect.

I rolled my eyes at her lameness. I nodded at her and she stumbled over to me. She fell and I threw my hands out to steady her. Her breath reeked of Vodka and she gave me a sloppy smile, wrapping an arm around my neck. Impressively, I didn't even flinch.