Chapter Thirty

• Dedicated to Peace200082

<><><><><><><><><>

Hey guys! I am in the middle of my exams right now but I couldn't help but update because I'm so excited to write this story haha. Hopefully you are enjoying it as much as me! :)

Dedication: Peace200082 for the awesome cover on the side!

Recap:

"Don't. Move." he whispered roughly, his lips against my ear. "Don't want me to hurt those little siblings of Colin do we?"

My mouth watered involuntarily with disgust.

Thomas...

My uncle...

Memories burned my mind of him beating and sexually harassing me. Black dots began to dance across my vision as I felt nauseous.

This could not be happening.

<><><><><><><><><>

I felt sick to my stomach. The man that used to beat me, who haunted my dreams for so long, was here again. I had assumed he went to jail. I told myself that so I could sleep at night. My body reacted before my sluggish mind could. My elbow swung back and got him straight in the abdomen. I spun on my heel and projected my head into his, our foreheads smashing together painfully. I stumbled back into the bubbler, feeling disorientated.

Head butting always looked cool in the movies...

With my head throbbing, I stumbled away from him. My vision was swimming. I could hardly see where I was going, but somehow I managed to duck down an alley. I slid to the ground and fumbled for my phone. Hardly able to see what I was writing, I texted Colin. Honestly, I didn't want to be one of those pathetic girls who waited for a man to come save her, but how could I fight him off? Many times before he has shown his strength over mine. I could not take him on alone. I heard the familiar 'whoosh' sound as my text had successfully sent. Plunging it into my pocket, I exhaled a breath of relief.

That relief lasted about a second.

I hadn't even heard him. I was unaware of his presence until I was pulled harshly into standing position by my hair. A painful wince escaped my lips as my eyes burned with tears.

"Good initiative to go somewhere more discrete." he murmured, shoving me roughly against the wall. I blinked rapidly, trying to focus on him. "I have missed your soft skin..."

He tenderly began to stroke my face and I slapped his hand away viciously.

"Don't. Touch. Me." I hissed through gritted teeth.

"Always so pleasant." he sighed deeply through his nose, frowning at me. "Aren't you excited to see your family?"

"You're no family of mine. I don't have any." I bit out.

"You know that's not true."

Talking was good, it was stalling. Realising this, I knew I needed to keep resisting as much as possible.

"She was the only one I considered family." I whispered brokenly to him, not having to use her name. His face twitched at the mention of my Nan. His tongue snaked out, moistening his lower lip and I tried not to scrunch my face up at the action. "Now that she's gone, I have no family."

"You had me!" he screamed, taking me by surprise. My body jolted in alarm, my already pulsating head smacking back against the wall. "You had me. All. Of. Me. You threw that away."

"Because you didn't treat me like family." I spat back, my hands shooting out and barging him roughly in the chest. "You treated me like nothing."