Chapter Nine

<><><><><><><><><>

Dedication: Love2Read16 for the awesome covers on the side. Thank you! They turned out awesome. :-)

<><><><><><><><><>

The bass thundered underneath my feet as I was perched on the ground, my back resting against the wall. Yes, there was another party, but it was exactly like the usual. It was more just of a hangout, because we have classes in the morning.

There was music, vibrating the entire room (which had me wondering why guards didn't come in and bust down the place) and some other things going down. I wasn't bothering to drink or anything tonight.

I think it's safe to say, I could use the break from it.

Plus, I was still recovering from my ugly injuries. My face swelling had gone down completely, but the bruises hadn't yet faded. Unfortunately. You could hardly see them when I had make-up on, but if you studied close enough, they were still visible. I clambered to my feet and stretched, feeling my back crack. I shook my hair out of my face, so that it cascaded in ringlets down my back. I walked over to the tap in the bathroom and filled my hands up with water, before slurping it up. The smooth water ran down my throat and I licked my lips, honing in for more. I felt so dehydrated, even though I had hardly been doing anything.

"Well, that's a creative way of staying sober." Colin said from behind me, causing me to jolt forward and smack my head against the mirror. I let out a groan, turning off the tap. His laughter floated around the room and I scrunched up my face, raising my hand to my forehead.

Just because I needed more bruises on my face.

"Thanks." I said sarcastically, glowering at the mirror, so that it reflected back to him. He gave me a charming smile in return.

"Welcome," he said, still chuckling.

I rubbed my forehead, frowning. I turned on my heel and faced him. I swallowed, letting my eyes dip and take him in.

He stood there, a black T-shirt stretched across his defined chest and broad shoulders. He had on loose fitting jeans that hung low on his hips, revealing his V line, which almost had me drooling. He had a cigarette dangling from his mouth and his dark hair, flicked across his forehead. His jaw was perfectly straight and chiseled, which I found so attractive. He has slight stubble, making it evident that he probably hasn't shaved the last couple mornings. I personally don't find beards attractive, but this slight, dishevelled look, really suited him. Making him just that bit more alluring, if even possible. His eyes... don't even get me started on them. They were like bright, blue helicopter beams that could light up an entire city. They were entrancing.

I then realised, I had been gawking for the last few moments and drool was actually probably escaping from my mouth. I quickly snapped my mouth shut and rested back on the sink, folding my arms across my chest. I confidently looked him in the eyes, trying to casually act as though I hadn't spent the last few minutes of my life, captivated by him. I ignored his ignorant smirk and tried to look at him emotionlessly, wiping all vulnerability from me.

"Smoke often?" I forced out, running my tongue across my teeth, annoyed at myself. I don't want him to realise how much he was affecting me.

He shrugged, the smirk on his face indicating he definitely knew. "Often enough."

I nodded, jerking my shoulder up in response in attempt to seem nonchalant. "So, you're hanging out in the bathroom, because...?"

He shrugged. "I don't want to socialise."