10. 21 Qᴜᴇꜱᴛɪᴏɴꜱ

I've been trying all night to dance with you
Hey, there little lonely won't you stay?

I said, "I would rather die than feel this pain"
You said "I know I feel very much the same

But I'm afraid that I don't know, knowing is not my thing
But I would like to dance with you

Awkwardly in haze
To this little tune

- Swing Lynn, Harmless

•••

Darren brought the cigarette to his lips, inhaling the toxicity

He knew it was bad for him but frankly, he could care less.

He watched as the moon glistened on the crashing waves, the stars shinning in the dark sky.

He couldn't sleep, he couldn't stop thinking of her.

~FLASHBACK~

"Efi you're doing it wrong, you're supposed to add the chili before the sea food so that the flavor spreads out evenly and so that the spice in sea food doesn't overpower the soup itself "

Efi rolled her eyes discreetly but her mom still saw it and flicked her ear.
"Ow" she rubbed her stinging ear while Darren stifled a laugh
"Serves you right" her mother mumbled

Darren watched as they both moved around the kitchen gracefully.

He loved her apartment, from the outside you wouldn't think it's a spacious as it is. It screams 'welcome, you're free to stay here as long as you'd like'.

His favorite part was definitely her reading area, the wall had a huge book shelf that contrasted to the white interior. Her reading couch was a pop of green that matched with the colorful books.

He also grazed his eyes upon some of her painting canvases and sketchbooks. The multiple paints, brushes, and color pencils.

He loved the way nature decorated the place, everywhere you turned there were flowers or some plants. With the glance he had of her patio, he saw that she was growing tomatoes, onions, basil, and spinach.

His eyes roamed around the pictures on the walls and shelves. Pictures of her parents when they were younger, pictures of her as a baby, picture of her and a friend, and this one picture of her and a man.

You couldn't see his face fully but he did have dark hair. It looks as if they were at a picnic, she sat on his lap with the biggest smile on her face as he smiled nuzzled in her neck.