Beat Down

Unedited from 2019

Unedited from 2019.

When a boy you used to love messes with you, another comes along and teaches him a lesson. 

Contains: swearing + violence + gangs

***

"She wouldn't even look at me. I swear I could see that damn shiner through her makeup." ranted Brian. He wanted to make Curly pay for what he did. Unlike Dallas and Tim Shepard, he didn't possess brute strength. This meant he had to find other ways to get him back, or find other people to do it for him.

"I am ready to smash his skull in." Tim punched the air in front of him, practising to confront his own brother.

Dallas leaned against the car hood, "That's some twisted brotherly love you got there." he said, licking a hand rolled cigarette, for later. The three of them waited outside of the school for Curly to walk out to his car.

Brian laid back on the grass, staring up at the clouds. "No bashing skulls. We still need him for the night runs." he directed.

Tim snarled, cracking his neck and knuckles. He didn't want to be reasonable when it came to his little brother, "He's due for a beat down."

Curly approached them with caution, "What're you lot doing here?" he asked, keeping his distance. He began to have a weird feeling in his stomach.

"I'm the subject of school girl fantasies." Brain said wistfully. He had always been painfully aware of his good looks.

Tim and Dallas start to close in on Curly who only backed up. He slowly caught on. A trail of curse words fell from his mouth before he jolted off into a sprint across the field. Dallas held back like a rabid dog waiting for Brian to give him the all go.

After a few painful seconds, Brian speaks. It was three to one. Curly honestly believed he could outrun Dallas but failed to remember all his run-ins with the law. Three to one, he didn't have a chance.

Dallas bolted for it, rushed off his feet and after his prey. Curly glanced back momentarily, and ended up tripping over his own feet. Dallas caught up to him, and dragged Curly by the feet. He rolled onto his back, where the blows of Dally's fists began to plummet into him.

Tim joins up, kicking his brother straight in the ribs. Brian ambles over to them. Dallas took one last kick to Curly's head, it was so hard that it stunned him. He laid limp in the dirt. The boys thought he was about to black out, but that wasn't like a hard headed curly, who rolled onto his knees. He wasn't about to give up that easily.

Somehow he got a hold of Dally's leg, and ripped him onto the ground with him. The pair rolled around, cussing and panting until Brian and Tim pried them apart.

Tim then threw his little brother against a brick wall. It was so forceful that it knocked the wind out of him, and he buckled to the dirt. Dallas and Tim held him down. He kicked and tried to bite Brian's hand.

Brian slugs him once. He becomes dull to the pain and gives in. Brian bends down to his frail body, and speaks low, "Next time you even think to take things into your own hands, especially with a girl, remember this." he lashed out, and climbed onto Curly.

The next thing Curly knew Brian was sticking a lit cigarette into his neck. His flesh seared under the scorching heat. He squirmed violently, howling every swear word under the sun. He didn't seem so tough now. "Don't even look at her. Don't speak to her. It's over buddy." Brian declared.

He headed back to the car. Tim followed. Dallas spat at the ground near Curly's head. "Get cleaned up." he sneered, leaving him there.

Meanwhile, you strolled home from school, thinking about Curly and his affair with Cherry. You could feel yourself getting madder with every thought. He didn't love you like that, and you had to start to accept that.

You were only going to push him away more. You shoved your hands into your pockets. As you bounced across the traffic lights. Curly and Cherry slowly began to leave your mind.

A car began to slow down near you. This is when you speed up. It didn't take long to realise that it was stalking you out. The driver rolls down the window. It was Brian and Dallas and Tim. "Get in." Brian ordered. You halted in a stance and just glared at him. You weren't about to do that. No way in hell.

"No." you protested, shuddering at the thought of the trouble you were in and started to walk down the sidewalk.

The car is still on your heels. "Just get in. We need to talk." Tim insisted.

Something comes over you, as you find yourself running for your life. You dart across the street again, narrowly avoiding oncoming vehicles. Dallas leapt from the passenger side. "Why do they always run?"

You could hear the car slam shut and knew someone was after you. Dallas was chasing you. He was the fastest of them all. You lead him up a grass lot where he corners you. There was nowhere else to run.

"Stay away!' you cried out. Dallas took this chance to strike. He tackles you, and you both fall into a heap of dust. He gets on top and holds you down. Brian and Tim come running up from the car.

You squirm and kick. It was no use. The three of them were much too strong for you. You're carried all the way back to the car and thrown in the backseat.

"Jesus Christ. Have you completely lost your damn mind!?" he panted.

"Curly got in my head. He said you'd all kill me." you admitted, slouching in the back. Brian and Tim get onto the front.

"Man, he's a little prick." Dallas sneered. He wasn't too happy with all the dirt on his clothes either.

Brian adjusts the rear view mirror to look at you, "He's been dealt with."

You didn't know what he meant by that. How could he have dealt with him? So many questions ran through your mind. "So, you back in?" Brian asked.

"I'm in dammit."