Ride or Die

Unedited from 2019

Unedited from 2019

The heart wants what it wants

WARNINGS: none.

***

Soda was a son of your mother's friend, when she'd visit he'd come along too. When they gathered around and started talking, that's when he would sneak off to find you.

This day, you'd been mucking around and sprawling all morning long with him, as the heat of the day finally rose you moved outside to get away from the stale heat of the house

He always jokes about the two of you, falling in love, you couldn't take a hint, "I dare you to kiss me." you smiled.

He pokes you in the side of the waist, causing your reaction to jump, his eyebrows raised devilishly, "Sure." He launches towards you.

"Try it-" before you could even finish your sentence, your body sprints into a run and you leap off the porch. Your feet sprung through the summer time grass, as he chased after you.

You don't get very far, before you feel his arms wrap around your waist and tackle you onto the ground. You try to fight him off, but he's bigger than you and easily overpowers you.

He pins your arms to the ground and his upper body leans over you. You screamed and laughed all at once, trying again to break free from his grip on you.

It was no use, his body weighed you down. Suddenly he starts to tickle your sides, still managing to keep you down, "I-I can't breathe!" you snickered out, trying to catch your breath.

You could feel your stomach beginning to hurt from all the laughing. You wiggle around, until he stops, and looks at you directly in the eyes. He leans his forehead down to yours, and you press them together, closing your eyes to cherish the moment.

Before long, the back door opens and his mother calls out to you both, "Come help us with the food kids!" He climbs off you and helps you off the ground. You brush the grass from your favourite sundress.

You traipse inside, and go to the kitchen where your mother is racing around trying to prepare a feast for the church fundraiser tonight, you throw on an apron and start mixing batter together.

Your attention draws to an outside tree blowing in the warm wind, it wasn't until a bright red hair pulled up next to it, that you realised it was your handsome neighbour.

You retreat outside to see him, tossing the apron on the ground. Dallas had his head stuck in the engine, trying to do something that you weren't aware of, you didn't know anything about cars. You lean against the newly polished truck, he notices you and stands up straight, wiping the motor oil from his hands.

"Hey." He says coolly, squinting at the sun directly in his eyes, "It's been a while."

"Y-yeah." You nod nervously, feeling yourself melting right before him. You bite your lip when he looks away, thinking of how lame you're compared to him.

He slams the hood shut and comes awfully close to you, leaning against the car as well, "We could catch up." He smirks, looking down on you, "Right now."

You nod frantically, totally forgetting about Soda who was inside, probably wondering where you went. Dally opens the passenger door for you and helps you into his car. You leaned on his shoulder, as the car backs out of the driveway.

Soda exits the front door to see you leaving, his facial expression becomes disappointed. You make Dallas stop the car, "Maybe, next time." You say, jumping out of the car and running straight into Soda's arms, he spins you around and plants the kiss on your lips finally.