Tickle Fight Gone Wrong?

Unedited from 2018

Unedited from 2018.

You're mucking around in the kitchen with the gang, when your crush grabs a hold of you...

***

You, Ponyboy and Soda are mucking around in the kitchen when Pony pokes you in the side, causing your body to jump slightly. His eyebrows raised devilishly, "Ticklish, aye?"

You rub the back of your neck nervously, trying not to smirk, "Nope!" I lied.

He takes another step closer to you, "Oh, you're lying, I know you are." he says. 

You move backwards until your back hits the counter, "Not at all..." you smiled, before you could even finish your sentence, your body jilted into a sprint.

You didn't get very far before Soda grabbed you around the waist, and began to tickle you. You screamed and laughed all at the same time, trying to break free from his grip.

Ponyboy appeared in front of you, and started to tickle you as well. You see Darry and Steve watching from the living room with a smile. 

"I-I can't breathe!" you squealed out, trying to catch your breath. You could feel your stomach ache from all the laughing.

"What's that?" Pony chuckles, "You want more!?"

You wiggle around, finally breaking free. You run in circles around the kitchen and living room surprisingly fast. "Get her!" Soda yelled, trying to catch up to you.

"No!" you giggled, "Stay away- I mean it!"

Before you knew it, Steve appeared right in front of you. Your heart dropped into your stomach, you tried to stop but ended up running straight into his strong arms.

You yelped loudly, immediately trying to break free. You feel a lump forming in your throat, like your airways are being blocked. You thrashed around violently in his arms. 

Darry, Soda and Pony stopped right in their tracks watching you panic. You become breathless pretty fast, nearly wrenching yourself free. You accidentally slam back Into Steve's chest so hard, causing the two of you to drop onto the floor with a loud thud.

You scramble onto your feet as your body turns to flight mode. You turned on your heels and raced out the front door, leaving the four boys stunned, looking at each other in confusion. Steve gets off the ground and they all chase after you.

You feel like you're about to pass out from the head pain. You run fast off the lawn and down the road. The boys hot on your heels, so close you can hear their footsteps.

You keep going, panting down the street until you can't take the burning pain anymore. All at once, you drop to your knees, tears sprung out of your eyes. You hug your arms, sobbing loudly.

You couldn't take It anymore. The boys stop behind you all in shock. Steve kneels down next to you causing you to shift your body away from him. "Come on, let me help you up...

"No!" you cried out, feeling even more nauseous than before, "Get away from me!"

Steve looks back at the boys with a worried expression, "Can you give us a moment guys?"

"Yeah, sure we will be back at the house." Pony says, the three of them begin to walk back to the house. Steve sits down next to you.

You look away from him, avoiding all eye contact. "Did I do something?" He asks.

"Nothing." you sniffed, wiping the tears from the corners of your eyes and cheeks.

"You don't tell me anything anymore." He says. It's the truth, for the last couple of months the two of you hadn't been as close as you once were. It was all your fault, you put your feelings first.

"I'm sorry... I..can't..."

He places his hand on your knee, "You can't what?"

You look down at his hand, "I can't tell you." you whisper.

"You can tell me anything." He reassures you.

You clear your throat, then look up at him with sore eyes, "What if it was to tell you... to tell you that I've loved you for months and that I couldn't tell you because you're like an older brother to me..."

He looks away, the expression of worry fades to a smile. You feel like you've let the weight of your shoulders.

"Well..." he says, pushing his fingers through his hair. He stands back onto his feet, and holds a hand out for you, lifting you up.

You remain holding hands when you're both on your feet. Steve looks down at them entwined, you do the same.

Out of the blue, he pulls you closer to him. He's so strong and tall that you feel limp in his arms, helpless but safe all at the same time. He bent down and kissed you, softly at first but then growing more intensely that made you cling onto his body harder. 

You feel sensations from nerves you've never felt before as both your lips move against each other. A car horn and lights remained the two of you were in the middle of the street, as your lips parted a string of saliva followed.