Tough

Unedited 2018

Unedited 2018.

Dallas comes to bed in pain, and tries to stay tough. 

WARNINGS: none.

***

You were about to fall asleep when the bedroom door opened, Dallas hobbles into the room and throws his hand over his mouth, expelling a hacking cough. He waves you off, "I'm fine, go back to bed babe..."

You smack your head back down on the pillow, thinking not much more about it and fall asleep. Not long after, you woke up to the muffled screams coming from the pillow next to yours. It was Dallas...

You played it off, and tried to get back to sleep. It wasn't until you heard a groan of discomfort that you slowly rolled over to him to see what was up.

You rest your head on his chest, immediately noticing that he was sweating like crazy. You sat up, and helped him do the same, "Are you alright!?" you worried. 

He sat up, leaning far forward and arched his back, "I'm alright." he said again, digging his fingernails into his lower back. Dallas remained tough, trying not to show his physical pain.

 You insisted you would do anything to help him, "Come on, Dal. Let me help." But he always down plays the pain he's in, assuring you that it's not an enormous deal. That's the way Dallas Winston was. He stayed strong no matter what. You tugged at his arm, "Come on, you need help."

His body tensed up again, then released, "Please." he mumbled, "Just go back to sleep, babe."

You looked at him with sore eyes, whispering, "Dallas..." you bite his shoulder softly. He threw his body back down on the mattress, and curled up in a fetal position. You gently pushed the covers back over him.

He buried his head into the pillow, you leaned down and kissed him on the forehead, "I'm going to call an ambulance, alright?" you tell him, giving his arm a few more kisses, "It might be your kidney or something."

He remained silent, besides a few more low groans of pain, and tried to focus more on you than the stabs in his stomach. You quickly leapt out of the bed, and went straight into the kitchen to dial up the emergency line.

Normally, Dallas would have stopped you from getting help, this must have been the worst pain he had felt in a while.