Blue Lagoon

Unedited from 2018

Unedited from 2018.

After meeting three brothers on a ferry back to town, you fall for one of them. 

WARNINGS: none.

***

At the end of the school semester you travel back to your parents house on the other side of the coast. The ferry sets out along the river that's scenery lasts all the way across as far as the eye can see. Once it departs people leave their cars, making their way to either of the lower or top deck and others stay out of the sun inside.

You wipe your wet forehead from the sweat, it's another exhaustively hot midday. Yesterday was the last day of study for a month and you planned to return home as you usually did. You step out into the bright sunlight from the inside bar, you glanced out along the river, as it ripples as if a storm raged beneath the surface.

On the other side of the deck, not too far from where you stood was a tall handsome man, you're intrigued almost immediately.

His broad shoulders curved out, making him look like a giant at around 6'2. His dark brown hair had a cowlick in the back, you couldn't see his eyes, but you desperately longed too. You slowly traipse over to where he was, pulling out a packet of cigarettes in preparation.

For a moment, you stood next to him and looked over the railing at the river, you threw your head up so the air flew through your hair.

You offer him a cigarette, "Do you smoke?" you ask, holding the packet of red Marlboro out in front of him. There is a little fear in his hand, as it trembles on the railing.

"No thank you." he gestures politely, his eyes are like ice, blue and green, "I don't smoke."

You smiled, slyly, placing a smoke between your lips. Two boys appear besides you, the smaller one takes a cigarette from you, "But I do." he chuckled. The other one was even more attractive than the first, he had movie star looks. He climbs over the railing, and you almost panic, but he sits on it with his legs hanging over recklessly.

"You're all brothers?" you wondered, putting the lighter up to your cigarette and then the small boys.

"Ponyboy is 14, Sodapop that's me I'm 17." he pushes his finger into his oldest brother's chest hard, "Big boy, Darry here is 21 in a couple of months." Soda said as Darry smiled, painfully.

What original names did you thought, "Ponyboy, Sodapop and Darry?" you exclaimed, "Wow-wee, your parent's are real creative people." you said, almost regretting it admittedly when their faces changed.

"Were." Pony sighed, "They're dead now."

"Oh." you blurt out, quickly thinking of the right thing to say, "I'm so sorry, I didn't know." you apologised. Their faces brighten up again forgivingly.