8. Lots of talks

Silver walked up from behind Y/N who was sitting in the galley.
"It'll be all better soon N/N"

"I hope so" She responded sadly. "This would be taking such a toll on him"

"I was taking about more about ye bruises, but that to I guess" Silver smirked. He took a seat by Y/N who rolled her eyes.
"You care a lot for that boy" he spoke more seriously now.

"More than anything" Y/N sighed, turning up to face Silver. "I care for him so much that it actually hurts, I wish there was more I could do to make him happy.." Y/N spoke passionately, desperation filled her eyes before she quickly snapped out of it. "But don't tell him that! I'm not lovesick, he's my friend and I want him to know he can rely on me"

"I never said you were lass"

"Sorry, everyone always assumes"

"Aye" Silver spoke softly, like he understood. "But I thinks recently you've grown a little somthin' for Jimbo"

Y/N groaned dramatically and let her head fall on the table.
"Don' lie lass, you know it to"

"Im not having this conversation with you" She stated firmly. Standing up from her seat.

"Sit" Silver order boredly, Y/N groaned but obliged anyway.

"It's weird" she sighed.

"Go on"

"It feels... different, like now I am aware that we're friends?" Y/N offered with a head tilt. "Kind of like when a kid gains consciousness for the first time, Expect I gained consciousness that I'm friends with Jim?"

Silver nodded.

"It's like- it doesn't feel forced but more like I have to think about it now. Before, I could slap Jim on the arm if he was being dumb, but if I wanted to do that now I'd think before I do it, like, 'Nows an excuse to touch Jim, even if it's just his shoulder' typa thing. And I think he feels the exact same way because I notice he hesitates more as well. And I hate it because what happened to just casually being friends?"

Y/N had her hands reached out, but after Silver still didn't speak she spoke quickly once again. "I'm just rambling. Nothing will ever happen between me and Jim, just something feels.. different"

Silver shook his head with a stupid chuckle before slapping Y/N on the back, kind of like he was saying 'good luck with you'
"Whatever you say lass, c'mon"

He walked off with Y/N following, on their way to now talk with Jim.

—————————-

"I don't know if I should go. Jim hardly ever tells me what's going on with him and I hate it so much." Y/N pouted as they walked.

"Well do you tell him yer troubles?"

"I brush the surface" Y/N replied, causing Silver to chuckle. Y/N looked at him confusedly.

"If ye don't tell em' yours, why'd you expect him to tell ya?"

"Because I would give up anything to help him, I don't want to burden him with mine"

"Well maybe he feels t'e same way"

Y/N didn't reply.

They finally made it to Jim who was sitting on some shrouds, sitting sulkily.

"Jim?" Y/N called softly after silver nodded to her, but he only turned further away.

"It wasn't yer fault y'know" Stated silver resting his hand on the ledge of the ship. Jim sighed while he played with the bit of rope.
"Why, half the crew would have been spinning in that black abyss-"