Chapter 5 - Let Us Adore You

Did (Y/N) even bother looking at the medicine left behind by the supposed stalkers? Hell no. Did they even care about the fact that it could help with their rising headache? Hell no. Did the family think they were an idiot? Honestly, anyone with a brain would know not to take supposedly dangerous drugs that were left with a suspicious note. "I'm more offended that they'd think that. Do I look that stupid?" They muttered, grabbing the bag and chucking it across the room. They'd deal with it later, for now they needed to get home. "Mother is going to be upset... Maybe I can sneak in the window." They wondered out loud, exiting the room quickly. Brushing their hand along the walls, (Y/N) hurried down the steps. As they approached the door, the sounds of raindrops softly beating against the earth were heard. "Of course it's raining..." With a sigh, they peered out for any signs of the Gravano Gang and booked it into the woods.
.
.
.

Stepping into the room, Jackson gently picked up the discarded bag. "Good to know they won't trust random medicine. I told Bianca it wouldn't work, the kid is smart." He spoke into a phone, an amused laugh could be heard from the other side. "That's Bianca for you. I swear that girl expects things to go her way entirely too much." Jackson gave a soft chuckle. "I suppose so... Well, I guess I'll have to pay a visit to that elderly couple who run that small shop." Jackson sighed. "Ah, the old wannabe con artist and his whore-wife? What, ya think the kid will take the medicine from them?" The voice asked. "It's someone they know. Besides, we can make sure they play it off nice and smoothly." Jackson pointed out, heading out the door. "You're right. Alright, I'll call someone to watch over the kid, you deal with that couple." Jackson hung up after saying thanks. He reached behind a desk and pulled out an umbrella he'd stashed earlier. "Poor kid, probably got more sick. Guess I'll call Bianca while I'm in the car." He thought to himself, opening the umbrella and heading off to his car. It had been parked behind the trees, the rain and darkness hiding it even more. "She won't be happy..." He sighed, climbing in and dialling up his boss's wife.

.
.
.

Finally reaching the apartment, (Y/N) let out a few harsh breaths, having ran for the most part. "Just... Have to.... Climb..." The spoke, wiping their face clean of rain. Walking over to the side, (Y/N) grabbed onto the bricks and heaved themselves up. They did this an awful lot, so they knew exactly which foot to use and which bricks would support their weight. Taking in the slippery feel, (Y/N) made sure to be extra careful, as there was broken glass on the ground below them. Humming a small fitting theme, (Y/N) reached their window and carefully opened it, being mindful of cracks and shards. Slipping a leg in, they pulled themselves in quietly, a soft thud ringing throughout the room. They quickly changed into warm clothes and dried their hair, sliding into bed and giving a soft sigh. Hearing footsteps outside the door, the teen pretended to be asleep, closing their eyes softly and letting out soft breaths. Their mother walked over and peered down at them, staring for a while before moving to the side. Reaching under their bed, Evelyn pulled out a metal box. (Y/N) could hear the shuffling as Evelyn fumbled with the code. Opening the box, Evelyn took out something and set the box back under the bed. Softly clenching their fists, (Y/N) forced themselves to keep up the sleeping act. Evelyn shuffled off to the door and slammed it shut, not caring about waking the teen. Waiting a few moments, (Y/N) slipped off the bed and hurried to check the box.

The box was an emergency funds box, only meant to be used incase one of them needed to go to the hospital or if they were really late for rent. (Y/N) had saved up about 300 dollars in it, and often changed the code. Opening it and holding their breath, (Y/N) looked down and reached out to count the money, only to stop with a short gasp. "No way... Why..." Evelyn had taken all the money this time. Staring at the box, (Y/N) slowly gritted their teeth. "This... How could she..." (Y/N) felt tears building up, bringing their hands up to their head. "She's taken money before but why 300? She made me promise to keep it hidden, why would she take it like this? She said herself it was for emergencies, even when dad was here!" They ranted quietly, gripping their hair tightly. "How could she do this? Is she even going to be here in the morning? Is she running?" (Y/N) felt hot tears drip down their face, making them feel pathetic. The money could have helped buy some medicine! (Y/N) can't work if they feel sick, which means they can't get money to replace what's been taken! With a shakey sigh, (Y/N) stood up and walked to the window. Still gripping the tips of their hair, (Y/N) stared out with an emotionless face. At this rate, they were screwed. No matter how sick they were, (Y/N) would have to work tomorrow. They'll keep going till they pass out if they have to, they just need to get as much money as possible.
.
.
.