Half Devil Spawn

tw: mention death and avocados

Feburary 4th 2024
10:44 am

Third Person:

"Mumma!" Cami happily said as she entered Hannah's hospital room.

"Hi baby!" Hannah greeted as she patted a spot on the bed for Cam.

"How are you?!" Hannah asked as she hugged her daughter.

"I'm good! Umm mama, why you in the hostable?" Cameron asked.

"Oh uh I uh fell down and got hurt" Hannah quickly said.

"I'll be okay tho" She said. Hannah felt bad for lying to her daughter but she couldn't bring herself to tell her the truth.

"Were you not wearing your helmet?" Cami asked.

"Yeah, I forgot it at home" Hannah said. 

It was the week before Hannah's twenty second birthday and she was with her brother Liam and his friend Louis, and Louis had given her an early birthday present.

"A helmet Louis? Really?" Hannah asked.

"Wot? I reckoned it was good because you're always falling over and stuff. Look it even says your name on the inside" Louis shrugged.

"Well I reckon that since your birthday is in a few weeks I'll get you a batch of fresh avocados, straight from California" Hannah responded.

"Hannah, darling. No. Not the fuckin' avocados" Louis protested. Just then, Bear, Freddie and Cameron walked into the sitting room of Hannah's flat in Manchester.

"Yes the fuckin' avocados" Hannah argued.

"Okay, Freddie Bear and Cami, do you think we should get Louis avocados for his birthday?" Hannah asked.

"Yes" All three children agreed.

"That's settled then" Liam agreed.

"See payno, this is why I don't talk to you. You feed into things like this" Louis said as he crossed his arms.

"Shut up" Liam said, sounding like a three year old.

"Boys boys boys, there's children here. Remember?" Hannah said.

"Your daughter's first word was fuck be quiet mini payno" Louis said.

"What do you say if we have some ice lollys? Go down to the shops and get some fabs yeah?" Hannah asked as she turned to the kids.

"Hi babe" Ryland smiled as he walked into the hospital room with flowers, kissing Hannah on the cheek.

"You have a good night?" He asked her.

"I guess yeah, you stay at Josh's?" She asked him.

"Yup" He said.

"Dad, I'm hungry now" Cami said, turning to her father.

"Did you eat breakfast yet?" Hannah asked.

"No, cause I was sleepy stiwl" Cami answered.

"Come on Cam, we'll go get breakfast. Han, you want anything?" Ryland asked.

"Uh yeah, a chocolate milkshake please" She asked.