XXXII

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐖𝐎 | Ire

{ Coren }

✧✦✧

𝕮oren did not think that he was a jealous man but Daario Naharis was testing his limits. 

A map of Yunkai was spread out in front of them, on the table inside Daenerys' tent. He, Barristan Selmy, Jorah and Grey Worm stood around it to listen to Daario's grand plan on how to take over Yunkai.

"Where?" Daenerys turned to look at Daario, who pointed to a non-specific location on the map.

"There." Coren cocked an eyebrow, not seeing anything, before his muscles tensed once more as he watched Daario grabbing onto Daenerys' hand and guiding it to the location that he was referring to. "There, it's a back gate. My men use it when they visit Yunkai's bed slaves."

"Your men, but not you?" Jorah questioned, as Daario finally let go of Daenerys' hand to turn to Jorah. Coren stepped closer to the Targaryen woman, angling his body between the pair. He had yet to forgive the man for intruding into Daenerys' personal space and making her uncomfortable. 

"I have no interest in slaves. A man cannot make love to property." Daario turned to smile at Daenerys, causing Coren to scoff and roll his eyes.

"Or maybe they threw you out because you were such a shit-talking, egoistical-"

"Coren." Daenerys hissed through gritted teeth, as Coren reluctantly stopped muttering curses about Daario under his breath.

"This is where we enter the city," Daario did not seem to have heard Coren's words. "Very few guards, they know me. They let me inside."

"We're not going to sneak an army through a back gate." Barristan pointed out, having been remarkably silent for the entire meeting.

"I kill the guards. I take your two best men and lead them through the back streets," Daario listed, as Coren's eyebrows lifted up and towards his hair, "which I know well, and open the front gates."

He turned to Coren, who was looking mightily unimpressed, before nodding at Grey Worm and Jorah. This just all sounded like an elaborate trap.

"Then comes the army. Once the walls are breached, the city will fall in hours."

"Or perhaps you'll lead Grey Worm and me to the slaughter, cutting the head off our army." Jorah pointed out. "The masters of Yunkai will pay you your fee and you won't have to split it three ways cause you've already slaughtered your partners."

"You have a very suspicious mind." Daario chuckled. "In my experience, only dishonest people think this way."

Jorah sighed and turned to Grey Worm.