XXXIII

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄 | Accusations

{ Coren }

✧✦✧

𝕮oren had not been present when Daenerys had gone to collect the surrender of Yunkai. Someone had needed to stay and keep watch of the dragons and considering their penchant for snapping and attempting to burn those they did not know.

So, Coren had stayed with the dragons.

He had taken that time to continue his training with Falkor, helping the other dragons out with other tricks too.

Daenerys had wished to take the dragons with her but had been dissuaded by her advisors. So, she was alone and Coren had been left back. He hated it, but he knew that he had to do what was demanded of him, not to rock the boat or bring attention to any close connection between him and Daenerys that could make people suspicious. 

"Falkor. Stop it." Coren shoved the red dragon's tail to the side, turning back to the youngest and smallest of the four dragons, Viserion. Viserion was gold and cream, green eyes watching Coren unblinkingly. He was the calmest of all four dragons, and the most eager to learn if Falkor was not counted. "Viserion, work with me here."

The dragon hissed and spat, before settling in. Coren ran through the motions, getting the dragon to fly and circle on command, before slamming into enemy targets. Unlike Falkor, who flattened the targets, Viserion could just about knock them off their feet. 

Drogon was ripping his target up, pulling it's head off, and glaring at Coren as the man sighed.

He was cautious of all three dragons that he did not know as well, normally only working with them with Daenerys. They were wild animals, and they had minds and tempers of their own. But, Falkor was the biggest of all four, and Falkor liked him, so at least whilst the red dragon was around, Coren was protected.

"Atta boy." Coren threw a piece of meat into the air, ducking as Viserion almost burnt him, before retreating back to Falkor's side. He ran his hand up and down the large dragon's side, picking stray scales that were malting from him. "You're growing again, Falkor."

Falkor chuffed, looking mighty pleased with himself.

"Or you're getting fat." Coren was almost sent flying across the arena at that. He managed to dodge the tail swipe in the nick of time. "None of that, you little worm. You'll injure me and then who's going to feed you?"

Falkor chomped his teeth with some attitude, before Coren threw the rest of the meat to the other dragons.

"Viserion. Rhaegal." Those two stayed still, allowing Coren to pat their flanks and pull out any stray scales. He wanted to make sure they were used to other humans touching them, not just Daenerys, and that they would be amenable to getting help. "Drogon."