epilogue

"Meet me at our spot

"Meet me at our spot." 

If you were a dreamer, you would think the worst is over. The empire fell weeks ago and there are times of prosperity ahead. But if you were a realist and at the core of everything that's been happening since the battle of Endor, you would know that it's not a fairy tale. Somewhere, over the horizon, there's still darkness lurking in the corner of everyone's mind. Political debates were exhausting everyone involved and a lot of people were doubting things are going to change for the better. Some didn't have much faith in democracy and republic the new senate was trying to re-establish.

Aaliyah was trying to stay away from politics. That was something Padme, Satine, Mon Mothma were good at. Meanwhile, the remaining Jedi were deciding what's the best solution was for the Jedi Order. They couldn't just give up on it. There were force-sensitive individuals, children, out there and they would need their help and guidance. But plans about rebuilding the Jedi Order on the ruins of the old one were kept in secret. From the watchful eyes of the new senate and the general population.

For now, the Jedi were trying to locate force sensitive children to keep an eye on them before they make their first move. While also keep an eye on any possible threat from followers and supporters of the Empire. And that was a difficult task on its own.

Aaliyah was in the outer rim territories for the last couple of days and sometimes it seemed as if the Empire was still going strong. Of course, it's not surprising considering the battle of Endor happened just five weeks ago and for Republic, it was harder to reach the outer rim. It was always considered more lawless than the rest of the galaxy. And while the politicians dealt with their current problems and possible solutions, the Jedi were on their own quest. A quest to find any remaining Jedi alive. There were whispers, rumours. Some which already proved themselves to be false. It was said that Master Aayla Secura was saved from death by the commander of her squadron, Commander Bly. A rumour has it, that the strong, powerful Master Jedi Mace Windu survived the attack on the Temple and perhaps chose the same faith as Master Yoda. Exile as a punishment for his apparent failure.

So now, Aaliyah, Obi-Wan, Nova and Ahsoka were scattered around the galaxy, following the possible clues of finding anyone alive and bring them back. To start again. To start something new. Something better.

While being on the outer rim, Aaliyah found many pretty worlds out here, but her most favourite had to be the planet Batuu. Maybe it was because it reminded her of Naboo. The buildings in the small cities were built in a similar style, the green landscape was just as breathtaking and there was a certain smell in the air. The mixture of forest, water and flowers made the perfect fresh scent you could rarely find in the galaxy nowadays.

Aaliyah's landed with her ship near the thick forest, now slowly wandering through the green oasis. Somewhere in the distance, she could hear the roaring of water and the warm breeze was gently caressing the leaves of the trees around her, while together they composed the most beautiful melody. Everything was so still, even her limbs were moving slower than usual.