prolog

Silence

Silence.

That's all she could hear. But it wasn't peaceful silence, but violent and chaotic just like the energy around her. She felt it everywhere, soaking through the surface, the dark side of the force. Almost choking her, pushing on her own force signature, which was now poking and stabbing her as a warning about the danger.

But she knew about the dangerous creature lurking in the shadows.

She knew it was coming.

She knew he was coming. Closer and closer.

Yet she still wasn't moving. Her eyes were closed, her arms at her sides and the silver and gold lightsaber on her belt, unactivated.

„I was waiting for this moment for a long time." his voice was hard, mechanic, and chilling but she stood her ground waiting without a flinch of an eye. He was close and very angry, that much she could tell from his presence. His force signature was moving around her, swirling and circling her form. If force could be seen, his would-be black as the darkest night. Black and hopeless.

Perhaps it was not the best time for sarcasm, but words escaped her mouth before could stop them. "I'm very sorry for the waiting." Her first movement was quick. She opened her eyes and turned so she could see the shadow of a man standing before her.

She could not see his face. She could not see anything under his large black robes. He looked like a shadow as if he was he was created from the darkness that surrounded them. He did not look human. He looked mythical, unreal and it drove her crazy.

He was silent and she was watching his every move in case he decided to attack her. But he did not. His only reaction was a whisper. The silent, gentle whisper of a name. „Aaliyah."