the Emperor strikes

"Just the two of us

"Just the two of us." 

"I don't want to talk to you," snapped Aaliyah and continue sitting on the bed, her back to the intruder, who walked into the room just a couple of seconds ago.

"I understand," the man said in hoars and (Aaliyah almost believed) in a heartbroken voice.

"I don't think you do," she hummed.

He sighed and walked two steps forward. "I know you think I betrayed the Jedi, but I never did," as soon as he said that Aaliyah jumped to her feet and turned around to look at the man with short blond hair, whose face used to be so familiar.

"The clones killed the Jedi. Their generals. People who trusted them with their lives. And did it in the most coward way possible."

Rex sighed again and whipped his eyebrow. "I understand. I do, but I came here," his voice broke and he stayed silent for a second. "I came here because I needed to tell you that I never raised a weapon against a Jedi. I never did," he said, and Aaliyah wanted to believe that.

"Yet, you are working for the empire," Aaliyah smirked ironically.

"I am not," he said quickly and when Aaliyah's face twisted into a doubtful expression, he shook his head and repeated his words. "I am not. I am working with Anakin...with Lord Vader. And I won't apologize for that," it has surprised Aaliyah when he called his master by his name. She was even more surprised that he knew this name.

"He is the empire, so what's the difference?" she asked not really seeking the answer.

"There's a big difference. Time will show you everything you need to see," he said and looked deep into her eyes. It made her angry, so angry. Everyone keeps telling her she will know the truth in time, but she was tired of it. What truth? She was sure she knew everything important.

Before she could even say anything else, the door slid open, and Vader's tall frame was standing in the doorway. He had his shiny black mask on his head, and his black cape was hugging his broad shoulders. This is just getting better and better, Aaliyah thought and wanted to sit down again and ignore the two men, those two intruders. Before she could do that, Vader's smooth and deep voice said words that made her heart stop.

"The Emperor wants to see you," he said, and Aaliyah couldn't believe that before he revealed his true identity, she never noticed how Vader's voice resembled that of Anakin Skywalker. Voice she always thought could recognize anytime.

"I don't want to see him," she said and hoped that Rex nor Vader could hear the anxiety in her tone.

"You don't have a choice," Vader said and quickly turned his head towards Rex. "Captain Rex, you will accompany us," he said and turned around to walked out of the room.

Rex sighed once again and looked at Aaliyah. "I'm sorry," he waved his hand towards the door.

She decided to save her resistance for the Emperor and simply just walked out of the door with Rex following behind her. "Just behave, please," she heard behind her from Rex and almost snorted in disgust. How dare he lecture her about anything?